Aviation museum Woodley Berkshire - Added to Everything Else in South East

I have just added this to the map of places to fly your drone at Drone Scene:

Land owner permission requirements unknown.

A small museum of aviation and war history , in very nice surroundings of the river Loddon many lakes woods and parks , can get busy at times with dog walkers and public , weekdays can be quieter especially when the museum is closed , plenty of places to park and many paths to walk .

The originator declared that this location was not inside a Flight Restriction Zone at the time of being flown on 11/11/2022. It remains the responsibility of any pilot to check for any changes before flying at the same location.

5 Likes

And what better way to take a look at an aviation museum…?

1 Like

Nice, I thought about flying that area but saw the restrictions by the lake, didn’t consider the museum as take off spot.

I didn’t take off from the museum , there’s lots of meadows / open space around there I just stayed away from the dog walkers but all seems pretty calm.

The nearest restriction is nearly 4km away - you’re good to go @GraemeD

1 Like

I’m not 100% sure @PingSpike but I think @GraemeD might be on about the hazards on the ground , which I can hold my hands up to that as you know when entering a drone scene location the other day I asked if I could enter it and got confused :person_facepalming:t2: what a Wally I am :smiley:

Ah right, when he said restrictions I assumed he meant airspace restrictions.

The ground hazards layer is often meaningless and is there for a mere “heads up” :slight_smile:

1 Like