Back after selling off my DJI Mini 2

Hey everyone

Hope you are all well and that you are all looking forward to Christmas and the New Year

After all that I had to go through, since April lasst year, when mum went int hospital… Mum passing away back in September 2021, having t sel off so much of the stuff I no longer needed plus much of the stuff I had worked so hard for, just to keep the bills paid, while we waited for completeion on the house sale. Then losing the job I had done since 2010, I thought things coud not get any worse… The plan was to get a caravan, set it up on a permanent site at Califirmnia Country Park and maybe get a little job… Well in October of this year, my Uncle took me to see the owners of the park and they said, it was a definite… however I would have to wait until the New Year, as they were fully booked until then… So I was offered the sofa at my uncles bungalow and that’s where I have been staying since then. I am in FInchampstead if you were wondering where California COuntry Park is located

I had a few things being kept in my borthers neighbours storage unit and some clothes and a few bits and bogs with me. since then, I got myself a new camera, an e-mountain bike and for my birthday I bought myself a brand spanking new DJI Mini 3 Pro, with DJI RC plus the fly more combo and a special back pack, to store it in. I also got myself a set of freewell nd filters… Amazingly, when I finally got every charged up and updated, I discovered that I got no notifications of any air space restrcitions, unlike back in Hook, when I would be warned thta Odiham was nearby and depending on where in hook…

Have only flown it a couple of times. First time was actually a night flight, takiing off from Uncles garden an the second, was a quick look at the nearby building site.

Probably won’t be flying it much more this year, although, if we can get some nice dry weather, I may take it down to the Ridges, see how it copes with these massive redwood sequoia trees you’l find growing all over the area. Also Simons Wood, could be an inyteresting place to give the Mini 3 Pro’s sensors a run for their money.

Anyway, just wanted to let everyone know I am back and given time, I hope to share a lot more photos and videos here, than I did in the dayss of the Mini 1 and 2.

Take care all. Merry Christmas and here’s to a far better and more eventful 2023

Andy

5 Likes

Welcome back @Andy601960 :wave:t2:

I saw “Finchampstead” and everything else faded into a bit of a blur. So close to my favourite brewery that I’ll be insanely envious! :laughing:

Hope things run more smoothly in 2023! :crossed_fingers:

Welcome back Andrew, hope all goes for you in 2023 :+1: