Back up transmitter recommendations

My main transmitter, taranis x9d+, had a bit of an unfortunate fall yesterday and broke a few switches, minor damage and replacement parts on the way so will be back up and running soon enough but made me think about getting a backup transmitter, should something knock out my main transmitter in future. What would people recommend? I’m using a crossfire module as my main control link atm so something with a JR bay would be best and doesn’t have to be cheap just a good backup so I can keep flying. Thanks in advance and apologies for the waffle!

1 Like

T16pro and use the X9d as the backup

As well as the T16Pro there is also the Radiomaster TX16S.

This radio appears identical to the T16Pro as it has been produced by one half of the original T16 development team.

More details here:

Regards

Nidge.

1 Like

Hi Jay
I’ve got a FlySky Nirvana NV14, running Open-TX, has JR bay, ex-reviewer part so virtually brand new,
Open to any reasonable offer :grinning:
Cheers Steve :slightly_smiling_face:

But if I wanted a true’ backup’ then I’d get another Taranis and keep firmware and model settings up to date on both
Then when one got damaged it’s an instant switchover
:slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I never use one, but maybe get a lanyard lol

1 Like

Embarrassingly I was using one… Must check it’s clipped on propperly in future :joy:

1 Like

Is that T16pro that good then?

Right now it’s the best bang for your buck radio wise. The multi protocol module is amazing… gimbals are good and the colour screen is a huge leap forward.

They also keep releasing upgrades for it as they update the hardware…

It’s certainly a hard one to ignore

It’s also not being crippled by frsky who are trying to lock out every other protocol other than access

1 Like

Do you know how many protocols the module can hold, James?

I built one of the original modules, based around an Atmel microprocessor, for my Taranis a few years back, and while it supports the same protocols as the Jumper it’s limited to the number it can store at anyone time due to storage space. I currently have the most popular active - DSM2/DSMX, Futaba FAST, Devention, etc - but it can be a PITA to edit and re-flash a new script.

Regards

Nidge.

Not a clue but take a look here

2 Likes