Ballynoe Stone Circle

Ballynoe is located just outside Downpatrick in Co. Down. I’d hoped to try a couple of quickshots as it’s an open area but it was just too windy. The Mini 2 did hold up well enough but it was noticeably struggling. There are hardly any buildings around and I thought I might be able to capture the landscape minus buildings :wink:. Couldn’t get a good angle though.

18 Likes

Nice Pictures Paul! :smiley:

Thanks for sharing…

1 Like

Thanks Graham. It was a great sunny day, pity about the wind :slightly_frowning_face:

Number 2 is great, you should submit it anyway :+1:t2:

Yeah, might do, no one will notice. :rofl: :rofl:

Am I missing something?

That’s a landscape with no buildings? :man_shrugging:t2:

This one has no buildings, but was taken a few weeks ago.

On closer look there are several farm buildings in the stone circle one if you zoom in, so not valid for the current RTF Comp. No panic, however, I have plenty of time to get a more suitable one. :grin:

4 Likes

Just crop out the buildings? It’s a cracking image I’d vote for it :+1:t2:

1 Like

You know what?

We couldn’t give a stuff! That’s the joy of RTF for us - you have given us a big list of subjects which are chosen via a randomiser on a spreadsheet and then by a poll of GADC members - the same people who will tell you if an entry breaks the rules, the same people who will vote for the winner at the end of the contest. :). No Challenge Committee members are harmed in the running of the RTF

It’s a cracking picture by the way, Paul :hearts: :+1:

1 Like

Thank you. Since It’s just for fun, and an excuse to get out and take photos. I’ll post it on the RTF thread and see how it gets on. I’ve a couple of other locations in mind so people can vote (or not) and split hairs if they like. Half the fun of these competitions is in the banter anyway. :+1:

2 Likes

Paul might pop over there tomorrow

I’ll be going back I still want to do a 360 of it. A cracking location, just far too windy that day. It’s possible to get both the stone circle with The Mournes in the background in the same shot. Have fun. :+1:

went to the stone circle today few shots with The Mourne Mountains in the back ground. On my way out theres a sign with NO drones permitted. It was covered by a parked van when I went in .

Fly first apologies after :ok_hand:t2:

I must remember that one :wink:

Funnily enough the same thing happened to me. The day I was there a car with an Irish reg was parked in the entrance so I didn’t see the sign until I came out. On previous visits there was no mention of drones on the sign, even now it’s in small print, and I’d forgotten my reading glasses.