Barr Beacon War Memorial

5 Likes

practicing slow n low , and learning basic editing . orbits are getting a little easier with time on the sticks. :clap: All I have to do now is climb high :nauseated_face:

1 Like

Hi Laina,

What a coincidence, I was at Barr Beacon yesterday afternoon, flying around the memorial and taking a look over the reservoir just next door to it. :smiley:

Hi Parametric , blimey :grinning: yes met another guy up there last week , a member of grey arrows and mini 2 owner too , we had a nice lil chat about the mini 2 and I got jealous when he flew his really high up lol ā€¦ loving this hobby I am though ā€¦ .

Hi Laina,

I only received my drone (Mini 2) in August of this year, so Iā€™m quite new to the hobby, and yes, I too love it. I have been into photography for many years now, so the drone is like have a camera mounted onto a universal super huge Tripod LOL. It has given me many more opportunities for taking pictures and videos, the obvious one being from above.
Being a member of this club (Grey Arrows) teaches and makes drone owners aware of things that they may not encounter until itā€™s too late, therefore helps to avoid getting into any trouble (or some trouble anyway). Plus there is a great deal of interesting information, and there is always someone that will help you out if you have any questions, everyone is of the same mindset - helpful.
Anyway, maybe Iā€™ll see you out and about around the Midlands area sometime.
Keep in touch, and have fun!
Graham :smiley:

2 Likes

Hi Laina, Parametric,

I think I was the ā€˜other guyā€™ on the Beacon last week. It was good to meet you. Nice work at the memorial.

Iā€™ve been playing around with the Mini 2 which is an amazing little drone. Completely new to it myself also. I bought mine out of curiosity and as a new way of recording some of the Morgan 3-wheeler trips and events I take part in. I was out on the Beacon this weekend exploring what the drone can do:

I would be very interested in either of your recommendations for other interesting places to fly local to here.

4 Likes

Hi Richard,

Nice videos and a very nice Morgan 3-Wheeler! I can see that you really enjoyed putting the Mini 2 through the ā€˜Quickshotsā€™. What a great way of exhibiting your Morgan, great records eh?
By the way, did we cross paths at a Petrol Station near Betws-y-Coed on the 9th of October this year? It may not have been you, but I pulled into a petrol station near Betws-y-Coed on that Saturday and there was a Morgan 3-Wheeler in front of me, if it was you, I was the fellow that was admiring it whilst you were inside paying for your fuel. :smiley:

As for places to fly ā€œLocal to hereā€, have you check out Where can I fly my drone in the UK? - Drone Scene

Graham

Yeah, the quick shots are useful when you are very new to this. The drone itself knows how to fly far better than I do. Iā€™m still exploring what it can do and Iā€™m sure I will get the hang of it.

Not me on the 9th October - there are quite a few of us around.

Thanks for the Dorne Scene tip.

This might be a good location for a little meetup down the line, weekdays no good for me at the moment as working (dark when I leave, dark when I get home) maybe a weekend soon, although this weekend is defiantly off the cards looking at those wind speeds at ground level, let alone at 400ft!

1 Like

Iā€™m in Ade - let me know when you are ready :smiley:

Hi Richard yes It is me who met you ā€¦Hello again! nice video ! ā€¦ love the car too iā€™ts really cool
:sunglasses: ā€¦yes the drone is amazing Iā€™m impressed with it, still wish I could have kept the MP zoom though .Iā€™ve read on here that some go to the Walsall arboretum to fly, not sure where else yet as itā€™s just practice for me so farā€¦happy flying !