Battery level lights on DJI controller

Hi,

Downloaded updates for Mini 4 Pro so its ready for a flight once weather picks up and Im not so ill.

The question I have is that dji controllers can easily start flickering on 4th green light after a flight. When I charge batteries I always charge remote up due to this… What green light on transmitter am I safe flying with, ie 3 lights, 2 lights blinking or am I best just charging it everytime to make sure no lights are blinking?

2 Likes

your safe to use it till its almost dead tbh, lowest should be 10-15%

2 Likes

@Wadda-C2 Depends on how many flights you are going to be doing away from a charging source Rich. The RC2 will last about 3 hours of normal use but I personally tend to charge my RC2 up before I go out if I intend to use all the drone batteries up in a session. I have an Anker portable powerbank with me as a backup if it gets low anyway.

It’s generally recommended not to drop below 20% battery charge but the RC has a Lithium-ion battery so charging patterns shouldn’t be an issue for battery health longevity.

The manual says to fully charge the remote controller before each flight.

The remote controller has a sound alert when the battery level is low so its a matter of inconvenience if your running out of juice before you intend on finishing a flight.

Fully charge the battery at least once every three months to maintain the battery’s health.

1 Like

Hi Colin,

Thanks for that matey, really valuable info there and recharging drone batteries and charging every couple of months if drone not in use. I have been keeping them topped up most of the time incase next day get a sudden chance to fly… Bet if I was to keep doing what I was doing would eventually ruin them… So thanks for top tip buddy.
By way, got drone out last night in kitchen just for latest updates and also put in the settings on Cine & Normal mode that you kindly emailed me. Just have to test it now when I can eventually get out of the house. Its not bad as have a field right outside our front door, but weather hindering a test flight too.
Thanks again my dear friend. :+1::+1::+1::+1:

1 Like

Thanks for that Michael, much appreciated buddy. :+1::+1::+1::+1:

1 Like