Battery Temp no longer showing on Airdata

I’d forgotten how huge the .DAT files from the MP are!

WHAT’S IN THEM??? :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ve set up a reminder to d/l them each month - in case I ever need something that’s in them.

1 Like

2.75GB for 91 flights since 2/7/18

Oh … thought PhantomHelp enabled upload of DAT files. That’s a bummer.

1 Like

Nope not that easy unfortunately. At least it’s not encrypted like the Air.

http://datfile.net

1 Like

Yeah - I’m already headed that route … just forgot about it and must have used before. There is “evidence”.

1 Like

Still can’t upload the resulting .csv to AirData or PhantomHelp Viewer.

HOWEVER … for the exact same flight that the .txt didn’t have temps, the .DAT file DOES!!!

So it’s a Go4 app problem.

Surprised it’s not already been flagged as an issue by AirData users.

1 Like

Hmmm again!

This is really weird, right? To not be able to spot a pattern to this?

1 Like

Agreed.

I’m not sure how far back I could take Go4 and for it to still work with my modded firmware to see if I could get temps again … and identify where things went wrong.

I guess, for me, I can spot a “pattern” … It stopped between June and Nov 17. :stuck_out_tongue:

We need someone with completely up-to-date firmware and Go4 to see if they have the same issue with current setup.

Edit: I say that since, if everything works with cosher up-to-date everything, AirData won’t try and pressure DJI for a solution and DJI will just ignore everyone.

However - if it really is a current issue, then there’s a chance that AirData might have some leverage with DJI.

1 Like

Strange that it’s not just confined to MP as well. @Monstermavics Air in the speed limit thread has same.

Have to wonder though, how useful temperature data really is. Seems more of a novelty with no way to compare between flights unless in exact same conditions.

1 Like

It’s a novelty until it reports 90C! Then I’d rather know about it. :wink:

In the case of those with a paid sub to AirData, they’re not getting some of what they believed they were getting for their money.

1 Like

If It hits 90C your going to know about it pretty much immediately :wink:

Definitely.

I’m all for trying to work out what’s going on and getting a fix.
Just wasn’t sure how useful it actually is

Have you guys read this?

Looks like it’s been like this for quite a while and is indeed an app issue like you said Dave

1 Like

I don’t have a paid sub - there’s more battery reporting on there that I don’t have.
But, when I started looking at just the summary page I did clock …

Now - I don’t have most of my Italy data updated, and certainly not for late June and July when the ambient temp was often >40C, so when I do upload, it will be interesting to see what the max is, and then use that as an upper benchmark that I should investigate any close to it.
Perhaps work out what the average max battery temp to ambient air temp is, too.

As much as it tells me about the battery is …

… which was only a 5 minute flight (most of mine are not long) and shows it still climbing, and reached almost 8C above ambient, and was still climbing.

Once I have some general averages, then I can set some warning values. Could be a battery going duff and about to catch fire. Etc.

I used to log my car fuel consumption accurately for my old cars. One day I noticed a slight upward trend ending with a dropped exhaust valve. I still log consumption stats for warning signs for old cars. :wink:

1 Like

Thanks! “WEARENOTALONE!” :stuck_out_tongue:

Edit: Still raises the question, are AirData aware and, if so, are they hounding DJI to sort it.

1 Like

Weird how some flights do have battery temp data though? :thinking:

1 Like

Are all your flights using CS?

1 Like

I just went to have a nosey at that, but all his do have battery temps?