Battery Temp no longer showing on Airdata

All flights since the day it arrived (late Sept 2017) have been with the CS…

Weird, eh?

1 Like

All his flights have 32F = 0C = no data. :wink:

Edit: Change to Fahrenheit and mine are all 32F! Problem solved!!! #Not

Sorry, quick recap, just so I’m fully understanding this correctly…

You have .DAT files containing battery temperature data for existing flights that are in AirData, and AirData are not showing temperature values for those flights? But the raw DAT file does?

And converting those DAT files to CSV causes the temperature data to be lost? Right?

Does that happen on ALL .dat conversions to CSV? Or only on the ones that AirData are also unable to show the temperature for?

Can you upload DATs to AirData or CSV only?

Correct

Ah, good spot!

(sorry Callum!)

1 Like

Nope - that last CSV was a DAT converted (using CsvView). All the DAT have temps … where they exist on AirData

There are two d/ls from PhantomHelp Viewer … one simplified (no temps) one “verbose” = everything = does have temps.

That screen shot is for a Mavic Pro, not the Air?

Interesting that his Android app version is also 4.2.16 which is much newer than my 4.1.22

Yup - I went up to 4.2.21 (?) and felt there were things that might be problematic long term, and went back to 4.2.16.

If this is an app issue though, I’m still not understanding the lack of consistency that sees some flights with temperature data and others without…

I can’t help thinking there’s another factor that we’re not, erm, factoring in!

I’ll study AirData some more, I’m sure there’s going to be a pattern to this somewhere.

Indeed. I just have one “there it was - now it isn’t” moment some time just before last Nov.

You have the advantage (:rofl:) of it coming and going.

So - a simple recap as I see it.

If it’s not in AirData, you won’t see it in PhantomHelp Viewer either (all from the Go4 txt files).
At all times it IS in the DAT files from the MP.

Hmmm - wait - are any of yours Litchi flights where you’ve uploaded its csv files?
(For some reason I’ve not fathomed my Litchi doesn’t save them 'csv files.)

Nope, I’ve only ever put GO and GO4 flights on AirData.

1 Like

I’ve poured over my flight logs for ages this evening, I still can’t see a pattern emerging.

Shame this detailed (re)player doesn’t include temps eh?

I also thought this graph was a bit weird?

Potential red herring though?

But you can download the CSV from AIrData that have the temps … if they existed.

Don’t get that graph at all.

Me neither…

But it’s more colourful than this one:

:man_shrugging:

Yeah as per one of your above posts, the CSV for the 0.00C flights simply shows the 32.0F values.

I also have the option in AirData to “Download Original” which I’m assuming is the raw log file?

Can you see any temps in this? (not sure why it’s a .txt file, as it’s not text!)

DJIFlightRecord_2018-08-11_[11-04-28].txt (1.5 MB)

Nope - no temps in that log.

I’ve given that thread on MavicPilots a bump to see if anyone has battery data with 4.2.24

1 Like

Had a reply from AirData just now:

1 Like