Bawsey ruins, Norfolk

Has anyone ever flown around these ruins? Was there any specific authorisation needed?

1 Like

I’m not seeing any airspace restrictions here @Gazza1

(Assuming looking I’m in the right place)

Yes that’s the one! I couldn’t find any either so I’ll give it a go

Post photos and don’t forget to add it to DroneScene :wink:

2 Likes

I have been meaning to fly around there. Last year I took some pics on DSLR.

Or are you refering to Bawsey park?

3 Likes

This is where I’d like to go.

If you take your car up that track watch out it has some very large holes in that will damage your car. I took my banger up there and damaged my front bumper/grill. Luckily it was being scrapped a few months after. I hjave thought about parking on the A149 and walking along the Gaywood river to reach it.

2 Likes

hello , following your post i was on my to Hunstanton the other day ,and saw the ruins , so many years i have seen them but thought it was a stack of hay lol , so this day I detoured and had a spin up the lane .Went in off the A149 and carefully picked my way along the track , as mentioned above it really is a pot holy bumpy and on this day flooded track .I managed to get within 200 yards of the ruin and then finished off on foot .There was no one around and as as far as i could find no signage , relating to bylaws etc other than warnings that there are adders , and that area is a conservation area , but that is the bottom of the hill , its not in a flight restriction zone but there are a few warnings re power lines etc .
I have included a what three words ref for were i parked , it was just before a little bridge

observes.yelled.pylon is the what three words parking location .

I got the mini 2 out and had a little spin around the ruins it was really windy though so didnt go too high . these are the results .Def worth a look as its in the middle of nowhere good to practice a bit of building photography .

Thank you for the inspiration
Mick

3 Likes

The photos look great, will definitely take a look now.
Thanks Gary

1 Like

Nice one.

1 Like