Best cheap Air 2 sun hood?

Why would being portable have any affect on its sturdiness?

I’m flying most days, thanks.

I’m also looking for actually useful accessories. A sun shade as far as I can tell makes a huge difference and which can’t be achieved in other ways. i.e. the opposite of a landing pad.

I apologise if it’s inappropriate to ask of experience of sun hoods. I would be amazed if there weren’t several members here using them regularly.

Have you not just posted a link to exactly what you were asking for in the original question? :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

If you are prepared to wait (not like we have anything else to do) … less than a tenner off AliExpress.

1 Like

Uhm, clearly not. I’m giving an example of the many types of sun hood there are. Plenty of which are specific to the controller.

My question was hoping that people with experience of various sun hoods can share that experience. I have no idea whether the one I linked is any good at all let alone a contender for best. That’s why I’m asking if anyone does have information that would be helpful.

Never used, and never needed a sun hood, myself.

Two days ago you were all about keeping weight to a minimum for your “fast packing”.

Now you want to add weight with a sun-hood.

:man_facepalming:

Not only that, but a permanent one? That will pack so conveniently!

:man_facepalming:

Everything anyone suggests fails on yet another new criteria that you add into the equation in your reply.

:man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Wait, what? The thread title on this post says Air 2 yet here you are discussing mini 2 cases. Even though you don’t own either (or didn’t as of Wednesday)

2 Likes

Was the “f” a typo?

3 Likes

Yeah guess what, I won’t take the sun hood when I’m fast packing. Nor will I take other heavy things like multiple extra batteries or larger drones. I didn’t common sense needed to be explained and clarified that I take a fast and light stripped down kit when weight is a priority and not when it’s not. This is not remotely incompatible with the other questions I’ve asked as weird as those criteria may be to some.

It also seems that the word permanent isn’t being understood. I take full responsibility for that. I don’t mean permanently attached to the controller as I don’t think any sun hood does this even if it were possible and remotely practical. I just mean more permanent than any of the card ones I’ve made.

As for failing on new criteria, correct me if I’m wrong but the only product has been suggested yet (which looks good and wasn’t rejected actually) is an aliexpress job that nobody has experience of. I can look up dozens on ebay/amazon/banggood/aliexpress but I was asking for people’s experience.

No but thanks for piling on with the uncalled for bullying. Why is it so hard just to answer the question that’s asked without a coordinated derailing of every single one of my threads?

What exactly is your point? I don’t own either. Are people not allowed to post questions without proving ownership?

I made one out of cardboard and sparayed it black, works well and costs nothing.

2 Likes

That’s what I currently use :slight_smile: And it’s great. But it’s time to move up to something a bit more sturdy and strong which is what I’m asking about.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0774JF9DJ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

That looks like it might not fit on the Air 2 only the Mini 1 style controller? It’s also not the right size for an s10e. Have you tried it?

Using in on a mini 2 controller currently, works well.

Thanks. Shame it’s the wrong size for my phone :frowning:

Move to Devon. No sun here!

1 Like

Unfortunately I frequently travel abroad with my drone :frowning: