Betaflight 4.3 released

Finally, betaflight 4.3 has been released. No more messing with release candidates or nightly builds.

I guess I better go through all my quads running those RCs and get them updated.

1 Like

Arrr but is it reliable?
Time will tellšŸ˜€

1 Like

Always thats the same with anything new. Remember the Titanic?

But they think so.

Yay, was thinking about when earlier. TBH Iā€™m on a custom build of 4.3 RC7 on my main 5inch and itā€™s been solid. Have run RC4, and 5 and 6 on that!

Also the cine8 on a version of 4.3. Only thing Iā€™m having issues with is the tinyape, but think thatā€™s my changes to it!

Finally lol

looking forward to updating the fleet and the inherent problems that will occur :joy: :tired_face:

1 Like

Ive only got 2 to worry about lol the Evoque will probably stay on 4.2.11 with its factory tune so only the ā€˜Snailā€™ to update for now. Although I do have most of the parts I need to rebuild my Apex, just need a fc and rx. Now thats given me an idea :thinking: lol

1 Like

Yeah I have 6 quads running various BF 4.3 pre-release versions. One of those I might actually wait and go to iNAV 5.0 when itā€™s released. Itā€™s in RC3 at the moment. The rest will be upgraded.

I just got some new motors for my Roma F4, so some work to do on that. Itā€™s actually the 6S version so is a prime candidate for that battery, @SirGunnerā€¦ Hmmā€¦ though that is actually one quad running BF 4.2, so I wonā€™t be upgrading that anywayā€¦ lol.

1 Like

Yeah Im not keen on updating if it has a factory tune lol although you could take a backup and give the new 4.3 a try. If its no good just revert back to 4.2 using your backup. I might try that with the Evoque when I get some time to test fly it

My babyhawk whilst flies great itā€™s a little wobbly in free fall (yith suggested motor but they all seem fine and feel the same). Emax do give good tunes, but might try 4.3 and revert back if need to

1 Like

Is Airmode enabled? I had similar with my first ever quad and it would kind of have a mind of its own when throttle was fully dropped. I think it was Deano that got me to check Airmode and it wasnt active :man_facepalming:t3: Made the world of difference lol

That sounds like propwash?

This ^^

Yeah for sure it is. Last time flew it was letting @clinkadink look at the live flying of it. Though looking at the props they had had ā€œfunā€ @ chesterfield bando, and one has definitely been ā€œmodifiedā€ by a soldering iron :wink:

It also needs a new camera, as after that flight (which I landed fine), the next pack was a white screen (new one to me, normally black when dead!)

Hehā€¦ one of my cameras just freezes mid-flightā€¦ OSD updates fineā€¦ just a fixed imageā€¦ (its been replaced)

Craig gave me 2 to try on Sunday which I have here and not tested yet. Will get round to it, and if they donā€™t work order a new oneā€¦ Though if order a new one, it ā€œmayā€ have a vista at the other end of the wire

2 Likes

Put new props on lol I saw that prop and you have half a blade missing :laughing:

Problem with this quad those props are fragile and brittle compared to the ones on other quadsā€¦ If hit concrete 99 times out of a 100 you go to pick it up and its just the screws left in! Have some other 3.5 inch props might try on it, but these orange ones look mean and boy I love flying it!

No. Itā€™s a pile of :poop:

If anyone gets the chance, can you post an image of your filter tab from 4.3 please? @group-fpv

For what kwad tho?
I finally got the twins (nazgul 5 XL & LED) up and running My 7" apex clone took a few days but finally I have it running. When I say running I mean my PIDs & rates and filters too keep the motors cool as a 1960s Mustang after a 5 mine battery. The iFlight 75&85HD I just canā€™t get tuned