Bewl Water - Added to Lakes and Reservoirs in South East

I have just added this to the map of places to fly your drone at Drone Scene:

Land owner permission not required.

Park either at Bewl Water Car Park, for about £8 per day, or Rosemary Lane for free, can walk around the whole reservoir, approx 15 miles.

Some great shots flying over the reservoir with water sports too and surrounding countryside seems to be ok to fly as well,

The originator declared that this location was not inside a Flight Restriction Zone at the time of being flown on 01/03/2021. It remains the responsibility of any pilot to check for any changes before flying at the same location.

13 Likes

Thanks for adding to the map @its.steves.shots

And for the parking tips too :+1:t2:

Thanks, will add more as I go around, more tips on these the better and easier it is. Got some great locations from this map so far.

2 Likes

Thanks for the tip. I’m in Bexhill so that’s certainly somewhere I’ll be heading for.

1 Like

Any idea who actually owns the land around Bewl Bridge and wether the land owner has granted blanket permission for TOaL?

Not sure who owns the land around the reservoir, but they regularly have aerial photograph competitions and speaking to other drone users whilst there they’ve never been questioned.

I’ll try do some digging next time I’m there

2 Likes

Thank You. I’m not far from Bewl Water (Tunbridge Wells) so I’m interested as it’s quite a close potential flying spot. :smiley:

2 Likes

I have flown here before and it’s a great venue to fly. I don’t know for sure about the rules but I’ve never been challenged. I did find this page on Bewl Water blog that seems to encourage drone photography

https://www.bewlwater.co.uk/blog/2018/august/three-photography-trends-of-2018/

4 Likes

Great video Steve :+1:t2: Bewl Water is a great place to fly, and good recommendation on the Rosemary Lane parking too mate

1 Like

Thanks Steve, that’s the same page I landed on previously too

2 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Where can I legally fly in the South East?