Bideford, Devon - Added to Everything Else in South West

I have just added this to the map of places to fly your drone at Drone Scene:

Land owner permission requirements unknown.

I parked in the riverside car park in East-the-Water, facing the Quay and downstream from the Old Bridge. All the flying was at a good height over the river.

Bideford is a port town that has a history that goes back centuries. The Torridge is fully tidal here with a big difference between high and low tides; I'd say these photos are in the middle of the range.

I was brought up in Bideford but this is the first chance I had to fly a drone there - there's lots of potential all around here!

The originator declared that this location was not inside a Flight Restriction Zone at the time of being flown on 16/10/2023. It remains the responsibility of any pilot to check for any changes before flying at the same location.

3 Likes

Cracking video again Howard, Good to see you have no fear of flying over water :rofl:

Our aborted cycle ride tracked by drones is calling, as soon as the weather improves early into next year. We are planning to ride Brampton Valley Way which runs from Northampton to Market Harborough, or at least part of it. Has anyone any previous experience of cycling/flying or both there?

Thanks, Brian, it was fun to put this one together.

As a clarification for those interested in the parking location, I used the car park on the right in the photo above. Quiet compared to the town centre opposite.