Big Meet V2 - 10th - 12th June 2022

Have you let your lad have a go yet?

1 Like

He is not interested, itā€™s not a ps5, his mates canā€™t talk to him through it and he would have to vacate his room :joy:

Iā€™ll be there for two days but only camping the Saturday - no option for that so picked two days :man_shrugging:

Iā€™ll be there Saturday definitely, possibly Sunday. Donā€™t bother with pork pies for me, somebody else can have mine!

So dogging is OK if kept on a lead?:rofl:

Looking forward to it! I have Costco & Booker membership so please shout if you need supplies. Happy to contribute a case or two also :+1:t3:

Thank goodness for that.

I was a bit concerned by the restriction imposed by @notveryprettyboy :joy: :joy:

1 Like

Hi guys!

For everyone that is coming for a good get together on the weekend of 10 June, here is some information:

The venue is at 52.458402, -0.595900 or ///hometown.nooks.sling (what3words).
Pilots are welcome from 2pm onwards and will be directed to our camp / take off area.
The weekend of clear, free flying will be wrapped up early afternoon on Sunday 12th.

The weather should be warm hopefully (hard to tell yet).

Bring your own food and beer for the beer tent (Iā€™ll provide a light buffet on Saturday afternoon, but I find too much ruins my appetite for beer). There are pubs and whatnot 10-15 mins walk away.

We have 16 pilots attending at the moment, both camera drones and fpv, but if you havenā€™t put your name down on the poll here and youā€™d like to come, just click a box :+1:

For a taste of what to expect, see here

This is a great opportunity to meet the people you have been talking to on this forum. Itā€™s also a chance to check out other drones that you may want to buy. You can also try fpv, with a few guys attending willing to teach you the basics.

Pop along for a day or two, or set up a tent (thereā€™ll be a few). There are also nearby hotels if you prefer. Then just fly free from Karens.

Any questions at all, please ask :grin:

9 Likes

Tv will be needed for

England v Italy :smile:

Oh and bunting for the Queens birthday :partying_face:

1 Like

Wonā€™t that constitute a flight hazard?

Arnt we the flight hazard :man_shrugging:t2::joy:

1 Like

Only when youā€™re flying! :grinning: :grinning: :grinning:

Weā€™ll have a union jack wig, as well as a tutu

1 Like

Really looking forward to this. You book the good weather btw? Actually got the Friday off for other reasons so should be there in afternoon. Time to find the tent and work out how to put it up! Thatā€™ll take most of Friday haha

Teaser of this years big ā€œFPV Newcomersā€ prize
5ā€ racer/freestyle quad with goggles and TX with Crossfire.
If you donā€™t come, you canā€™t win it :grinning:

4 Likes

Awesome prize! :star_struck: If I give up fpv between now and the Big Meet will I be classed as an ā€œFPV Newcomerā€? :thinking:

Nice try Steveā€¦. NO :laughing:

But but butā€¦ my flying ability is still at newcomer level :laughing:

Are non-drinkers allowed?

1 Like

Whatā€™s one of those ?

Certainly, youā€™ll be needed to keep the drunken bums out of trouble :scream: