Big Meet V2 - 10th - 12th June 2022

I’m used to that on the levels, see you in june :joy: :+1:

1 Like

As a Corby Club Committee member I can tell you we are planning events such as being discussed here.
@Steviegeek, @notveryprettyboy
Log in and head to Club Events, and start a Request thread, we can coordinate with the Gliding Club’s own event that they want to host this year. It could include 1/2 hour Glider flights too, all facilities are on site so eating and “shi£$%4ting” won’t be a problem.

Setup a poll to see who would, could come.

1 Like

The glider flights could be an attraction. Thanks @Njoro

Not promising but if they do, you’re usually allowed to take control for a bit, don’t forget your GoPro… :nerd_face:

Heat gun…so tempting :thinking:

This sounds most promising Lance @Njoro
Your large fields and more isolated location than last year would suit us well.

Last years venue has tightened up a bit on where we are supposed to fly and certain club members are a bit anal about it. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

It really would be great, we now have an events coordinator that’s why I pinged you two, I’ll then jump in to keep it burning.

Let’s get a poll going, also I’m more than happy to host anyone wishing to pop over for a ‘look see’.

We could coordinate for you and Karl to bring some flying buddies on your next visit coach load is OK with me….:thinking:

2 Likes

Lets see who is interested in a big get together, and where in the country…

1 Like

Yes, me… it all depends on the date…

If the location is worth it then I’ll travel almost anywhere… I’m used to travelling a long way and camping for a weekend with my other hobbies… which is where the date becomes most important… :slight_smile:

1 Like

And a great curry house and spoons not far away

2 Likes

Hi all. This is a poll to see if people are interested in a big get together flying meet this year.
Last year was a great success, with camping, a sterile flying area, beer, bbq, fun competitions and most importantly you can meet others pilots to check out their kit, try fpv or get tips on taking photos.

Once an area is agreed, we’ll try, with the help of you guys, to find a place to set up.
Once this has been agreed, we’ll organise a date (probably a weekend).

All input is welcomed.

• Scotland
  • North West
  • North East
  • Yorkshire / Humberside
  • Wales
  • West Midlands
  • East Midlands
  • Anglia
  • South West
  • South East

0 voters

2 Likes

3 Likes

You’ve met Karl then?

1 Like

Another competition prize in the barrel :+1:
All we need now is an event.
Karl, Dean, Steve, and I …
@notveryprettyboy
@DeanoG60
@SirGunner
…are keen to get ideas and locations from you guys, our membership, so come on, chuck some at us :grinning:

1 Like

Plugging my site, I can confirm our electric generator is now up and running.

1: Charge your batteries.
2: Make tea, Coffee.
3: Run heating.
4: Cook bacon and eggs.
5: Make sandwiches.
6: Tables for repairs, in the warmth.
7: Flashing toilet with option of using the near by wood for in the sticks people.
8: local village pup 5min drive.
9: local hotel 10min another 20min away.
10: Massive open space all round.

Details to be ironed out should we win the poll.

3 Likes

Is camping an option here?

3 Likes

Thanks Lance. Its one thing choosing an area, and another picking a place.

1 Like

Thanks Lance @Njoro It gets my vote,
point 10 is important as we are very much a ‘put it up and fly crowd’ :smiley:

Camping is very much essential if we are to attract members from most of the UK, last year was great but hoping to double or triple the numbers this year.

3 Likes

:man_shrugging:

Its a toilet specially for…

EIeccKk

3 Likes