Birnbeck Pier

Have wanted to shoot this since I got the drone. Went down last week and WSM has changed out of all recognition since I lived near there in 1977-79. I was alright when I got to the seafront - even the Cabot is still there :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

15 Likes

What a beautiful place looks like the only functional part left,is the lifeboat station! strange how some places look so good in their stages of decay,beautiful,but somehow sad!!! :+1: :+1: :+1: :wink:

2 Likes

Lately there’s talk of a compulsory purchase order to recover it from its absent Arab owner. Maybe national trust. Fingers crossed

Graham

3 Likes

It would great to go back and do a similar film after the pier had been restored.

1 Like

Mind the council fun patrol mind you. (Beach Wardens) they’ll be on you.

Graham

Fascinating !!! Really well filmed - what an interesting structure.

Great footage really interesting well filmed :+1:

Great flying and filming, the music really works with it too. Thanks for posting :+1:

Thanks for the comment Ted. As an aside, to all those wondering, the Pier is in safe hands, the RNLI are taking it over and along with the council have a plan to make it safe then start renovating it, the Lifeboats will also move back here after the work to make it safe is complete.

1 Like

Great video … but a bit of colour correction would significantly improve it … imo.

Hope you don’t mind … had a very quick play with a couple of screen-grabs.

Here’s a couple of before/afters.

2 Likes

Thanks Dave, I appreciate your comments. I’m still learning the editing side of things but I’m starting to get there lol.

I think, to a degree, you are right. I will have another go and I think the correct result would be halfway between what it is now and your efforts.

Thank you again for your critique.

1 Like

“Correct” colours are often very subjective. :+1:

1 Like

Correct lol. What I meant by that was it was a pretty washed out morning, quite dark. But having said that it was not quite as dark as the video I produced.

1 Like

Sensor nightmare, very murky subject to start with, and the weather won’t have helped :frowning:

2 Likes

You’re right there Chris. But having said that, as Dave said, it could be improved with a little better editing without totally destroying the mood.

1 Like

Excellent! Thanks for sharing.
re the colour thing - are you maybe shooting with D-Cinelike or other flat profile which needs grading?
@Drumsagard is the expert in these things - wouldn’t hurt to ask him.
thanks again for sharing

1 Like

Thanks Gavin. I shot in D-LOG and did grade (but not very well). I will try again and let you know.

I was in the area camping and thought I’d have a pop. Thank you @Mavic2Pro for highlighting the place.
The warning signs said “Do not attempt to gain access by land or sea”. So I figured I’m good :grin:
It was very windy, I got some spray on my fpv camera and then struggled to find my way back, but even though it’s a lame video for an fpv quad, it still made my heart race because of the awkward conditions and fear of losing my baby. That’s the enjoyment I get from drones. I had a broken cable tie on my hd camera. That’s where the wobbles are from.
And yes @anon34183503, as you said a long time ago, I do lack confidence. I could of done a lot better. Next time! lol :+1:t2:

2 Likes

Very Brave of you! I like the off-kilter camera work and the atmospheric music.
Its been too windy for me for days! I had a quick flight at Donyatt today in a 1 hour ‘window’ between showers, just to ‘keep my eye in’. .

2 Likes

Thank you for the comments. It was not windy so I was not too concerned (only the general concern of flying over water lol)