Bit of holiday droning in Cornwall

Nothing too special, just cobbled together from a few minutes flying about for fun. Music might be a bit much :wink:

17 Likes

Great colours! :+1:

Edit: That sounds like I thought there wasnā€™t anything else of merit. LOL!
Version 2

ā€œCool video with some great colours! :+1:ā€

1 Like

Ha ha no worries. Used a polar pro ND 16 polarised filter on Mavic air. Cheers

Polarised works well in the very initial clip ā€¦ minimal water surface reflections. :+1:

1 Like

Excellentā€¦
Im heading to St Ives on Monday, taking my Spark with me as the Mavic Air is away getting fixed.
Barry

1 Like

Nope, think it was quite suitable. Admire your bravery in flying off those cliffs and out to sea! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Takes me back to when I was there in May, only it was a bit greener then!

Great video, hopefully I can ā€˜cobbleā€™ something together as good a that soon :pray:t2: What software do you use @Longstride?

1 Like

Iā€™m just travelling back from St Ives now Barry, was very windy and rainy so no dronage today unfortunately. Hopefully you get much better weather !

1 Like

Final cut pro on a Mac, but honestly iMovie would do the same job. Or a freebie. I think itā€™s about cutting together what youā€™ve got.

@Longstride realised after I posted that it looked like I was complimenting to tools not the craftsmanship, apologies. Just interested in what people are using

2 Likes

I would love to fly off those cliffs, beautifully done matey

2 Likes

@greenarmy1978 I will be flying next week, all into TomTom so route planned @Longstride

2 Likes

That was very enjoyable. Some of those early straight down shots are excellent.

1 Like

Love it!..a bit too much modesty in your comments though! :grinning:
Great video and music!

1 Like

Great. Video.hope I will achieve that standard
Moody31

1 Like

Beautiful

1 Like

Superb video and great editing. Its one of them that I watched all the way through. :+1:

2 Likes

Cheers Frank! I only threw it together! Was one of first I did.

1 Like

Many of you have been very kind about this vid, but it was one of my very first goes at editing and is far from perfect. Iā€™ve been replying to @SkyJumper on another thread about what I learned when I started:

In the interest of helping any budding drone movie editors here out, and because as the author of this video I can come back and ruthlessly critique my own workā€¦ hereā€™s what I think I got wrong on this one.

1. The music / video cuts arenā€™t perfectly synced. This annoys me now :slight_smile: youā€™ll find itā€™s the little things that jar subconsciously that will detract from a video in the end.

2. Iā€™m clearly panning right along the coast towards some big reveal at the end. But my intro shots pan left in the opposite direction. Iā€™d never do that now as Iā€™ve learned from it.

3. When cutting from the wide angle pan of cliffs to close ups then back again, apart from direction, i just cut back to same point I left in the pan cutaway. Iā€™ve since learned the human brain knows your moving in clip 1 so if you cut away then back, the brain expects you to have moved on a bit more, not to cut back to where you left clip 1. I now cut back further along in time so give impression of progress while the cut away took place.

4. Donā€™t look at your drone while panning around yourself, unless itā€™s an intentional dronie :wink:

Have fun guys! Just find out what works for you and learn from bits you didnā€™t like in your early work!

1 Like

Hello Mate, just having a quick look at your video and wondered where do you find music that You Tube wont block when you upload ? Great video BTW, I did some flying this year in Rhodes but the sea is so calm that vertical down shots are a bit boring! ā€¦ yours look great!
I have put my videos on Vimeo as they arent too bothered about music copyright!

1 Like