Black Rock Sands - Added to Beaches and Seaside Resorts in Wales

I have just added this to the map of places to fly your drone at Drone Scene:

Land owner permission not required.

Karl @notveryprettyboy and I flew from the beach at Black Rock Sands, on a Monday in late February.
Entry to the beach is at the end of the road, just drive straight on.
It is quite legal to drive on this beach, many do and it is often said that most of the Welsh drivers learnt here as kids!
We turned left and drove for about 300 yards to stay clear of the few dog walkers there.
We arrived at 10:30, it did get busier at midday but there is plenty of room on these wide long sands.
No adverse comments from anybody, one guy stopped for a brief chat, a few ā€œgood morningsā€ acknowledged.
Iā€™d like to think that with two of us and all our kit laid out it gave the impression we were ā€˜professionalsā€™ so nobody questioned us.
check hereā€¦

for parking charges in the main season.

There is a NFZ 3.5Km south, Llanbedr Airport, just to make you aware.

There are many caravan and camping sites behind the dunes, so we suggest you fly along the coastline and/or out to sea

Apologies for the poor focus on the video, camera being changed tomorrow !

The originator declared that this location was not inside a Flight Restriction Zone at the time of being flown on 27/02/2023. It remains the responsibility of any pilot to check for any changes before flying at the same location.

8 Likes

Thanks for adding to the map @Steviegeek :smiley:

Iā€™ve flown here too @Steviegeek :grin:

1 Like

Iā€™ve flown here too @Steviegeek

2 Likes

Iā€™ve flown here too @Steviegeek :grin:

1 Like

very nice i take it thatā€™s the new car.

Was a couple of years ago