Blackness Castle Scotland

9 Likes

Love it, is that enigma backing track .

1 Like

Yes and thank you

1 Like

Nice video, thanks for sharing. Trivia question, without googling what did the town of Bo’ness used to be called ?

2 Likes

At guess blackness

No.

@jaybee I was desoerate to film there a few months back but at the time I thought it was in a FRZ :sob:. It is… but only Class D and I had a mini 2. :scream: Your supposed to get permission to fly and they charge for it but, judging by the number of YTs I’ve seen since, I’m guessing most don’t bother asking. :rofl:

Still my stepson lives in Edinburgh so will prob visit in the spring :partying_face:

1 Like

If you are on public land there is no charge ,and as you will be flying a sub250g. You are good to fly. Historic Scotland have a policy of no flying over there land , but that’s only if you where to take off from there land. At blackness you can take off from the beach and historic Scotland can’t do anything about it. Remember it’s the CAA who control airspace, not historic Scotland.

1 Like

@jaybee absolutely; I was pointing it out for others who may not be aware and get collared by their staff. :+1:

I had one of them telling me it was historic Scotland policy and law, told him to show me where in law it said that funny enough he couldn’t find that. I told him if by accident I took of from historic Scotland land,all you can do is ask me to leave there property as they can’t trespass me as I have to leave and can only be trespass if I was to return and it would just be a civil case.

There is a wee beach just right of the castle that you can fly from.

1 Like

when i spoken to the warden i told him where i took off from was not historic scotlands land, i think he lied and told me it was. did some home work read and see for yourself.
The road leading up to blackness Castle is a private road with public foot access, if you note the private road is fenced down the side with a pivoted gate leading on to the parkland which is a public park.historic scotland control the road leading up to blackness Castle which has its own boundary marking. Historic scotland has a no drone policy which is only valid on there land.and historic scotland does not control the airspace above blackness Castle. Which is controlled by the CAA.there no drone policy only applies if you take off on there land.if you take off from public land they have no say at all. I was accused by two historic scotland employees that I was illegally flying and to stop immediately, where in fact I was on public property and they have no powers.
If you look at the video i posted you can see its a public park.

I always find the road is busy, sometimes even early in the morning, lots of dog walkers. So I always head for the beach, just watch out for lots of birds particularly in winter. I was flying my Mavic 2 Pro there once and a very large group of geese flew underneath it.

I took off from the arrow on the bottom left of this pic (removed myself in PS :blush:)

2 Likes

You can see the gulls in my video but they weren’t a problem.getting back to historic scotland the wardens clearly don’t know the rules.

I’ve only been approached by a jobsworth once and it was while filming Dunblane Cathedral. All take off/landings were done from public land yet this wee jobsworth broke a land speed record to approach me screaming ‘no drones’. She told me it was a government building and was illegal to film. I asked what law I was breaking and instantly she said she’d had this argument with ‘my type’ before and left. Clearly she knows her bosses are lying and she’s happy to repeat those lies until confronted by someone who actually knows the law. Anyway I continued doing what I was doing and this is the result…

1 Like

@CoconutIslandDrones nice video Kev and soundtrack :+1:How did you get past the YT copyright police :rofl:

1 Like

Most artists are allowing you to use their content now. I suppose it also depends on the type of video as well. I doubt they’d want their music used on inappropriate material.

1 Like

They only allow because they get royalties fee’s, and if you have a high sub number to the point you make money if using copyright music you don’t get and payments only the music owners get it.

@jaybee I see. I think I’ve a long long way to go before I even considered monetizing my channel. :rofl::rofl: I’ve had a couple of notifications but they have stated I can use on YT but no other media. :innocent:

1 Like

I am the same but I don’t do it to make money I just enjoy what I do, like many