Blea Tarn, Lake District

Had a day out the me daughter and the grandkids and stumbled upon this scenery.

16 Likes

Wow…

That looks absolutely beautiful :bowing_man:t2:

The UK has some amazing natural sights.

What’s the drone flying suitability like John @1Coolermaster ? Any camp sites nearby?

Beautiful place. It’s NT so not drone friendly but there is a public road between the tarn and the NT car park which can be used for TOAL.

I couldn’t see any NT staff in the pic there, probably a low risk :blush:

2 Likes

Yes, the road run past and for a long way. There is a small carpark that get full very quickly and you have to pay cash as the app won’t work due to the location.

It’s NT land but there is a road that goes past the Tarn. As for camp sites, I don’t really know but it’s not far from Ambleside so there will but a campsite somewhere near. If you put in Blae Tarn in a search engine loads of videos come up on the tarn.

1 Like

It’s mile from anywhere and a good 1000m from the road.

Sounds idilic :blush:

It is. Except for all the drones buzzing about and people swimming in the tarn which is a SSSI. :grinning:

1 Like

Wifey, me and the dog camped here a few years ago, and more or less had the place to ourselves as it was outside of school holidays. Reasonably priced for for the area (at the time, lockdown may have pushed it up a little), toilet and shower block, washing up sinks, and small freezers for ice blocks.

Edited to add - about 6 miles or so from Thirlmere which isn’t too far from Blae Tarn

1 Like

I always try to do a landscape photography trip to the Lakes once or twice a year and Blea Tarn is my go to spot first, usually at sunrise. Usually have the place to myself, occasionally another photographer might be about.

7 Likes

I know that place well, two of the photos in the slideshow for my pc background includes one from almost the same spot you have and another from the road the other side the lake looking down into the next valley.

Just twigged that there’s two Blea Tarns (as highlighted on the attached). @1Coolermaster @Drumsagard, can you remember which one you took your pics at? I’m up that way in a couple of weeks and looking at planning a couple of stills camera walks

It’s the bottom one in your photo, near Little Langdale.

2 Likes

Cheers very muchly :+1::+1:

Yeah same for me, bottom one. Didn’t actually know there was two of them.