Blithfield Reservoir, Blithbury - Added to Lakes and Reservoirs in West Midlands

I have just added this to the map of places to fly your drone at Drone Scene:

Land owner permission requirements unknown.

Location Blithfield Reservoir Blithbury, Staffordshire.
Taken by DJI Mini 2 (no filter).
28 May 2022 at 1635.

Blithfield Reservoir is a large raw water reservoir located in Blithbury Staffordshire, England and is owned by South Staffordshire Water. The 800 acres of reservoir was formed as part of the South Staffordshire Water Works and was officially opened by the Queen Mother in 1953. It covers approximately 3.2 square kilometres (790 acres) and is 16 metres (52 ft) at its deepest points. Fed by the River Blithe it holds 4 billion gallons with a Shore length of 5.9 miles (9.5 km). It is well known for its diverse wildlife, particularly birds, a fact that was recognised in 1988 when the reservoir and most of its surrounding woodland was designated as a Site of Special Interest. If your in luck there will be an icecream van parked at one end of the bridge!

The originator declared that this location was not inside a Flight Restriction Zone at the time of being flown on 28/05/2022. It remains the responsibility of any pilot to check for any changes before flying at the same location.

4 Likes

I’ve flown here too @D0c.Col :grin:

2 Likes

Me too…

@CJDrone hit the green button Chris in Drone Scene to register your flight :+1:

drone scene entry

1 Like

I’ve flown here too @D0c.Col :grin:

1 Like