Bloody weather! ... and flyability

Really, I’m out ‘droning’ every weekend (on my own and socially distant) and have been for a while. Getting exercise trekking to locations, fresh air and now sun. I’ve been posting my videos all over social media and not had not one snide remark from anyone. In fact completely the opposite. All good comments.

3 Likes

Same out often flying keeping away from every one

So, guessing there’s not a lot of flying going on over Shetland today? :wind_face:

https://www.shetlandwebcams.com/eshaness-lighthouse/

3 Likes

Head down into wind. Sports mode on. I don’t see the problem personally.

1 Like

Just weather based pics … neither are mine, unfortunately, both taken by the same person.

(I can’t even afford the snowman! :laughing: )

2 Likes

High winds predicted for bank holiday.

I started off thinking typical and then realised maybe I’ll head out find an open field to Break the Speed Limit

2 Likes

Now thats the spirit Steve! :clap:t2: :grin:

2 Likes

Incoming! … for me, at least …

A steady old breeze, too …

Rain all day means I’m currently putting my lipos back into storage voltage :man_facepalming:t2:

Blooming horrible in cumbria today. My project hardcore hole in the ground is becoming a lake.

Out of interest what do you all have your wind gust limit set at in UAV Forecast or other app?

Just checked, must have been ultra cautious when I set it. 19mph.

1 Like

I’d say it depends on the drone. I have mine at 25mph for the Air 2

1 Like

Air 2 has about the same resistance to gusts as the Mini 2, right? I have mine set t 25mph also

Same here won’t be flying for a few weeks so thought I’d nip down local nature reserve as pretty sheltered… Nope blowing a damm gale.

Drone bk in rucksack and home for 12 weeks now. :pensive::pensive:

1 Like

It’s not like there’s been warnings really either… the weather is flipping from one thing to another constantly… I’ve not bothered going anywhere as my thought process is simply that in the 10 minutes it takes to get anywhere to fly the weather, although sunny now, is likely to be like a scene from Twister by the time I get there…

1 Like

Bit gloomy here too, we’ve had 4 seasons in one day, thunder, lightening, rain, hail and bright sunshine

7 Likes

What app is this pls?

1 Like

UAV forecast :+1:t4: