Bolton Castle - Added to Castles and Fortifications in Yorkshire and the Humber

I have just added this to the map of places to fly your drone at Drone Scene:

Land owner permission requirements unknown.

This castle is privately owned and as such they do not permit drone activity.
On exiting the castle complex I parked in a lay-by about 400m from the castle here I did my TOAL.
I did however keep quite high as you can see as the Castle has a falconry.
Would you believe it, as soon as I took off they let the birds out. So not wanting to disturb them, I kept my distance.

The car park is £3 for all day.

The castle entrance fee for the house and gardens is £12.50 for adults under 60.

The originator declared that this location was not inside a Flight Restriction Zone at the time of being flown on 02/05/2022. It remains the responsibility of any pilot to check for any changes before flying at the same location.

3 Likes

Just a few more

3 Likes

Last time we were there, my missus climbed to the top of the tower in a gale and stood there hanging on for dear life to the flag pole!
While we were inside, everybody was looking at the wall hangings etc, and I was looking out the windows, just in time to see a Tornado shoot past at about 50 feet high!

:hushed:
She was lucky.
:see_no_evil:

Passed Bolton Castle on our way to Aysgarth Falls on a walking hol last Oct. It was closed! Took these on our journey

The last one is a log that some local artist carved as an aligator. Didn’t have a drone then but going back this Oct. Love Yorkshire.

No Steve, give her her due, the silly cow, sorry brave girl, went right to the top of a steep staircase and out onto the battlements. I supported her from about ten steps farther down and shouted encouragement up to her!

I went to Aysgarth after the castle. Couldn’t put a pin down it was packed so I drove on.
It actually took me about 10 minutes to get over the bridges.
I was beginning to wonder if they were rein-acting the water fall fight with Mr. Costner :see_no_evil:

It was pretty busy when we went despite the dodgy weather we had. The river was well in spate as it had rained all week! :sweat_drops: :sweat_drops: :sweat_drops: Got some good walking in though, just wish I had my drone back then. :yum: :yum:

1 Like