Bowes Castle Museum, Barnard Castle 2023

A walking tour as I visited this museum to get out of the rain after taking a video of the castle (video Barnard castle here)

Purpose built in the style of a French château, The Bowes Museum is a grade 1 listed building located in the historic market town of Barnard Castle.Opened to the public in 1892, the Museum bears the name of its founders: the businessman, and son of the 10th Earl of Strathmore, John Bowes and his French actress wife, Joséphine.The couple were devoted to each other and created the Museum to share their passion for art and to enrich the lives of people in the area they loved, John’s family home in Teesdale, County Durham.

Bowes Museum Website;

https://thebowesmuseum.org.uk/

6 Likes

I’ve been here :slight_smile:
Fantastic collection, well recommended :+1:

1 Like

@Steviegeek Sure was Steve, shame it was pouring down. I used footage from thier WS to add a couple of aerial shots and the swan (as it was seized at the time).

We were going to go there in '22, bt the town roads got closed due to the bike race that went through, so we had a walk around the castle instead. Must get up there again in the next few months.
Nice vid again Col, :+1: :+1: :+1:

1 Like

@Hotrodspike You’ll love it John. Hopefully the swan will be fixed by the time you visit. :+1: We didn’t know it was there TBH, asked a guy running a cafe in the highstreet where to park as my free parking was about to expire and he mentioned Bowes Castle. Was gob smacked when I drove in!