Braking warning

Flying over the local fish farm yesterday and while I was flying out I kept getting a warning “braking now, return sticks to midpoint then continue flying”. Then, when I was a long way out it started to pour with rain so I immediately hit return to home. On the way back, It kept braking, pausing and then accelerating again. You can imagine my ragged nerves by the time it got home!
Question is, do you think rain on the sensors would cause that error?

1 Like

I had this multiple times today whilst flying around over a Reservoir, put the shits up me a bit i have to say… not to mention frustrating as hell when your trying to get it back. A quick flick to sports mode sorted it… came home and recalibrated the vision sensors through windows went back out into the field and it was fine.

I have also read that sun glare and glare of water can cause this to happen too.

On a positive note…

The drone brakes because it thinks its going to hit something. I would much rather that than the drone think its not and smash itself to peices.

Try a recalibrate and give the sensors a clean, see how you get on :+1:

45 meters up definitely no obstacles.

1 Like

The low sun at this time of year triggers the OA sensors a lot, I dare say rain could too.

As Steve said, sports mode will disable them :+1:t2:

4 Likes

I got the braking warning several times, yesterday morning too while flying over trees, just as the sun came over the horizon. At the time I didn’t think it would be the trees causing it so assumed it was the sun.

2 Likes

Thanks for that reply. I hadn’t thought of using sports mode. I’ll remember that next time I’m in a hurry to get back!

2 Likes

I’m in Scotland - no sun. :rofl: However, it must have been something to do with the sensors. Thanks.

2 Likes

I’m in Scotland too, that photo is the Clyde, yesterday was our lone annual sunny day :joy:

1 Like

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

I think this is all a big conspiracy you Scots make up to keep us Southern softies away from all your beautiful Scottish scenery :yum: :rofl:

3 Likes

Drat! found out :joy: :joy:

3 Likes

:rofl:

1 Like

No, thats what the specialy trained midges are for :slight_smile:

2 Likes

No, honestly, there’s nothing to see here, move along! :crazy_face:

1 Like

Hi Andrew what drone was this on?

You don’t need specially trained midges for me. I’m a midge magnet wherever I am :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :rofl:

:raising_hand_man: that’s me… my wife is 5ft I’m 6.1 :rofl:

Always put her down without her realising

“See you shortly” :smirk: :wave:

1 Like

Hi Joe. Mavic 2 Zoom.

Don’t call me shortly!

1 Like

They are ferocious here sometimes. There was a day in the summer where I couldn’t manage to get the washing in off the line, all of 30 seconds! When our dog comes in there’s a cloud following him.

Her reply is normally

“Okay longly” :roll_eyes:

1 Like