Breakfast in America

Hi all,
In December I will be flying to the US (California, LA, San Franscico and surrounds) for about 3 weeks and I really want to take my Mavic Air with me but am very nervous about infringing rules or anything. So I am asking for any advice regarding what I need to consider or do. I have done some stuff already.

1. I have my FAA registration number and have stuck it ( together with other contact info) into the battery compartment of my drone

WHAT ABOUT INSURANCE TO JUST COVER THE 3 WEEKS?

2. I intend to travel with it as cabin baggage with 3 flight batteries and 2 CS batteries which will only have a storage charge in them and will have their contacts covered for safety. All equipment will be in its own compartmentalised travel case. I think all this is ok with the airline (American Airlines) and security at the airports

IS THERE ANYTHING ELSE I NEED TO DO?
          AM I REQUIRED TO USE LIPO BAGS?

3. What is the best app to use that will give me clear go/no go information about my current location?

I would much appreciate any advice or experience you could share with me.

Thanks in advance

J

Lipo bags are a must on flights
I watch a guy in the states on you tube who has the US version of PfCO maybe give him a shout on what you need across the pond he goes by the name 51 drones
Hope this helps
Jeff

1 Like

Thanks Jeff

J

I think apps like AirMap does a good job of showing restrictions. I believe Their civil aviation authority may have their own app similar to our “Drone Assist”.

The FAA have today ruled on all drone pilots having to be trained and any drones they own registered.
Not sure when all this crap comes into being ,but you can bet it will follow here next year !!.

Hopefully, next year, our government are spending all their time sorting out the #BrexShit rather than worrying about things that aren’t a problem.

1 Like

Pinging @MikeO - if he’s still around? :thinking:

He went there just last month:

He may still be there !!!.
I know he was going on a Loooong bike ride !!

Good point, September was only four days ago :rofl:

3 Likes

Or he has had a “easy rider moment”

1 Like