Brent Knoll Camp - Added to National Trust in South West

I have just added this to the map of places to fly your drone at Drone Scene:

Land owner permission not required.

Brent Knoll is a 137-metre-high (449 ft) hill on the Somerset Levels, in Somerset, England. It is located roughly halfway between Weston-super-Mare and Bridgwater, 2.5 miles (4.0 km) from the Bristol Channel coast at Burnham-on-Sea. At the foot of the hill are two villages East Brent and Brent Knoll, which takes its name from the hill but was previously called South Brent.

Brent Knoll Camp has seen human settlement since at least the Bronze Age, becoming an Iron Age Fort about 2,000 BC, which covers an area of 1.6 hectares (16,000 m2)

The Romans used its summit as a fortification.

Parking is available in local streets. A footpath runs from Church Lane, close to St Michael's Church - although this road is narrow.

The originator declared that this location was not inside a Flight Restriction Zone at the time of being flown on 25/07/2023. It remains the responsibility of any pilot to check for any changes before flying at the same location.

1 Like

As the hill is 137m high, ensure that your maximum height of the drone is set higher than this. You will need to keep a maximum of 120m from the ground during any ascent - but the height is measured from the take off point.

This used to be an island before the levels were drained.

cool have to go look at that

1 Like

That’s the mound I drive past on the M5 just before turning off to get to Brean I think? Well done, and thanks for adding the history too, Ian :+1: