Bristol County Ground - Added to Parks and Recreation in South West

I have just added this to the map of places to fly your drone at Drone Scene:

Land owner permission not required.

I parked in Lancashire road, next to the grounds. It is an Authorisation Zone, so make you self-unlock before you fly.

The Bristol County Ground (also known as Nevil Road) is a senior cricket venue in Bristol, England. It is in the district of Ashley Down. The ground is home to Gloucestershire County Cricket Club.

The originator declared that this location was not inside a Flight Restriction Zone at the time of being flown on 16/09/2021. It remains the responsibility of any pilot to check for any changes before flying at the same location.

3 Likes

Hi Chris,

I’m new to owning a drone (DJI Mini 2) only got it at Christmas, not flown it yet mainly due to the weather.

When you went to the county ground did you actually go into the grounds to fly or did you fly from outside? I’m curious as I actually live on Lancashire road end never thought of flying it there.

Thanks

Simon

1 Like

Hi Simon,

No, I didn’t dare venture within the grounds, not with an international playing :wink: You can see the video here if you want further info. And feel free to like and subscribe if you have found it helpful :+1:

Don’t forget, you need to unlock the DJI Auth Zone for the grounds, but that can be done within minutes here.

Good luck!
Chris

1 Like