British Camp in Snow [Mini 3 Pro | Insta360 X3]

I finally got around to visiting the British Camp, a 3500 year old Bronze Age hillfort in the Malverns on Saturday. The trip was extra special as there was quite a bit of snow (and ice) on the mountain. The views were jaw dropping from the summit. Apparently, you can see up to 12 counties in England in Wales.

Just a short video this time, taken with my Mini 3 Pro and Insta360 X3. Hope you like it.

10 Likes

@clinkadink Brilliant video and editing Chris. Those Insta360 things look fun to edit with! Looked a bit dodgy coming off the hill though…you need some of these Chris. Swear by them in ice and snow and dont need 3 season boots they fit on any shoes.

1 Like

Cheers Colin, Thanks mate. Glad you enjoyed it. It is a wonderful place for sure. I’m very new to these Insta360 cameras as I am sure others can tell :confounded: They are completely different, I’ll say that for them. Editing the footage after takes some getting used to, since you need to set all the angles of what you want to look at at :exploding_head:

There were a few bum clenching moments! I am still haunted by my fall a year ago at Barbury Castle, and a torn meniscus. Those chains look good. For that price, I’d want the boot with it! :joy:

You can get cheaper versions Chris but those in my family and I use them up in the Lakes and Peak District mostly. Snow, rock, ice you name it they have saved us numerous times. Had them for about 10 years and still going strong so about a fiver a year aint bad! :+1:

1 Like

If I find myself flush one day, I may well get some. This is the first time I’ve been out droning/filming up a mountain covered with ice and snow though (being down south). But I’m sure it won’t be the last :wink:

At least I now have decent weather trousers :joy:

It’s pleasing to see how quickly you learn how to use your new toys, I wonder what might be on the Christmas list.
I enjoyed your visit to British Camp, I gasped once or twice when your feet slipped but that made it more fun to view.
Thanks.

Thanks Barrie. The new Insta360 is great fun! Hopefully get the hang of it soon. I was a little dubious when I got it, but I am finding new things it can do on each outing. I am 100% glad that I invested in it. Plus it’s waterproof too, which I am sure will come in handy (for any lost drones!) :joy:

And they were the bits I left in! There were a lot more scary moments than those :scream: I think I better invest in some of those boot chains that Colin has!

Thanks again :+1:

Thanks for the context lesson about British Camp, very interesting, loved the person tobogganing

Thanks Richard, glad you enjoyed it :clap: