Brougham Castle, Penrith from the air with Mini 3 Pro

Brougham Castle is a medieval building about 2 miles south-east of Penrith, Cumbria, England. The castle was founded by Robert I de Vieuxpont in the early 13th century. The site, near the confluence of the rivers Eamont and Lowther, had been chosen by the Romans for a Roman fort. Its strategic location reflects its historical importance in controlling river crossings and trade routes.

Brougham Castle is set amidst picturesque landscapes, providing visitors with a glimpse of medieval history against the backdrop of natural beauty.

When I did my research originally I thought it was Brough Castle! Had to redo the entire video after finding the error whilst checking DS for an entry. :rofl:

4 Likes

Nice one Colin @D0c.Col
Some gorgeous autumnal coloured landscape there & a great piece of history !
Well put together :ok_hand:t2:

1 Like

@Kirky thx Rich. I think it was one of two days that was actially dry for a bit whith no gale force winds whilst on our anniversary hols. Serve us right for getting hitched on Halloweens day! :hugs:

1 Like

Mad to think that 300 years ago it was habitable, and that the decay we see today is from 3 centuries. An informative but equally sad tale of another formidable castle. I would have been tempted to fly through the tower, what with those large open windows on both sides :joy: Another great vid Col, well done mate :clap:

1 Like

@clinkadink Thx Chris :+1:

Haha…Hmmm I may have thought about it for a second, but I have this self preservation cell in my rather small brain that says to me “Risks are for the brave, talented and/or those that have loads of money and unfortunately you’re not blessed with having any of 'em.” :rofl::rofl:

I guess that why I’m selling my pristine mini 3 Pro soon; 1 owner never been crashed! :innocent::rofl::rofl:

Never say never!
Nice one again Col!

2 Likes

@Hotrodspike cheers John :+1:

And would you have thunk it - same goes for mine!

#musttryharder

1 Like

@clinkadink Ahh, but uou have an Avatar to play with though! :rofl: