Brougham Castle, Penrith

Agreed @Fattrucker. I have myself visited sites out of hours and taken off/landed on public land away from the EH/NT properties. So long as you follow the drone code, minimum distances, etc this can be done with no problem although they would probably disagree. I myself have never had any confrontation with them but I do think they need to move with the times. I believe aerial photography of their properties are more likely to promote the buildings and the organisation themselves to people who maybe otherwise not know of them rather than more drone flights. Just my opinion though.

1 Like

@pterodactyl Have you read your link? 2nd paragraph “whichever way the wind takes you”. No doubt whichever way goes over amazing scenery but you’re still controlled by the wind.

I can see this issue with the NT and EH and their interpretation of the rules becoming a very hot topic indeed in the coming months. With DJI reportedly selling over 65,000 of the M2’s since launch here in the UK, when lockdown and the weather do finally allow us out and about I expect to see them a lot more and on a more regular basis at various sites as I’m a member of both the NT and EH. It may be worth my while enquiring now as to what their stance is as I plan on visiting a nearby castle which has vast swathes of public land right next door.

2 Likes

Possibly, as has been mentioned before in the forum some sort of after hours allocated slots for drone flights. Once the site is closed and the staff/public have gone for the day surely this would be an appropriate time. I would think most people would do that anyway but if both organisations bought into this I think it would benefit all concerned.

2 Likes