Budget phone compatible with DJI Fly app

Hi guys

I am looking to get a dedicated screen for my mini 2 se remote as my current phone (s22) although great, is a bit small. I was looking at something like the samsung A05s or A14. Has anyone had any success with DJI Fly app on any of these?
I have read Heliguys post and done some research but just want some more evidence.
Any other advice on ‘large’ phones welcome.

Many thanks
G

I used a Samsung galaxy note 8 soley for my mini 2 and found it best for bright days, i have tried mini iPads in the past but the Note 8 is one of the best I used for size and definitely bright screen, I used a nexus 7 in the past also and found bigger brighter screen fits without the need of tablet extensions but unsure today if it work with fly updates.

Hi i used a second hand lenovo m10plus tablet with my old dji mini 2, you can get a tablet holder on amazon and you will need a longer cable, You have to make sure the operating system is 64bit i think. But more info on the min spec item must have should be on dji website.

Cheers guys much appreciated.
I have a tablet holder but i find it a faff so was looking for a large screen phone.

yeah i know what you mean, i think the biggest phone is about 6.7"

Pffft, that’s nothing…

1 Like

Same here, my current phone is not compatible but getting to end of life anyway so was looking for a new phone that is also compatible. Currently keep using my wifes mini ipad 4 which is fine but like you connecting up the holder etc is something I’d rather not do. I’m relatively confident I can translate the minimum specs etc required to get something that will work but without seeing it listed anywhere it’s a lot of money to spend to find I got it wrong…

I found this list regarding compatible devices

Cheers for that however I thunk that DJI need to do an updated list

think not thunk :joy:

Please don’t buy a “minimum spec” device to use the DJI Fly app :confused:

It’s a notoriously power-hungry app and it only gets worse with each new version they push out. Buying a min-spec device today means you’ll be buying another min-spec device much sooner than you’d like.

1 Like

That’s exactly why I’ve got some confidence even if the dji compatible list is pretty sparse. As far as I’m aware the big issue is requiring 64bit android (as opposed to the chip set) which is quite difficult to find out without having access to the phone in the first place. The plan is to get a phone with at least 8gb of RAM which I believe means it has to be 64bit anyway.

This is what I was looking at

If you scroll down it tells us it is 64 bit, does anyone think it will work?

I understand you want a big screen that easily fit on your controller.

It might meet the 64bit and 2 GB or more ram and storage but this might get the DJI fly app working but Will it run it well this is the question I would be asking, with a expensive bird in the sky you do need to feel you’ve got control in the sky instantly and no screen freeze or dropout.

You kick yourself as you’ve looked at getting a large screen and enough Ram did you consider it be a pain in the arse if you cannot see the screen in any kind of light on a remote control, I would be looking at the NITS and just a quick search it seems poor.

My eyesight is crap I have block vision in one due to bottle exploded into it, so I needed a good screen on all my drones, DJI Mavic pro I tried all the top end iPads at the time and still needed a shade or stand in tge shade but it was cheap nexus 7 2013 version that solved this problem because good bright screen. DJI mini 2 I even tried the latest 10" Samsung on my mini 2 and DJI air 2s and literally straight away swamped it back to the Samsung note 8 and the screen brightness is awesome no shade needed and I could see more then the larger screens.

Low nits you will suffer.

I have been using the Oukitel c23 pro for a couple of years now ,never had any problems large screen runs the APK perfectly and has a good battery life .you can pick them up pretty cheap on ebay

Cheers just looked. O noticed a newer model on amazon, the wp30 pro.

Can’t comment on the wp 30 I would have thought it will work but can’t be certain

I had been using a Samsung A51 for ages which worked perfectly well, but have just bought a Samsung A9 tablet, 8.7" from memory, for £169 as I wanted a bigger screen and my old ipad4 mini has limited battery life. With a small adaptor, which fits between the antenna rods, the Samsung tablet fits snuggly, works works well and is not to heavy.

1 Like

Its unbelievable but what does a cheap Amazon tablet have that a phone doesn’t, apart from, maybe, 64 bit? Lol (ive read some posts where people are using these)
I’m going to go for a redmi maybe, has anyone had any successes?

Ok. After looking and going through the ‘will it or won’t it work’ palava with android I got fed up. So, I took the plunge and got a cheap ‘iPhone xs max’ off ebay. It works like a dream and thats without a sim card. Recommended to anyone who wants a bigger screen.
Thanks for your contributions and answers everyone :smiley: