Bure Valley Railway - Added to Everything Else in East of England

I have just added this to the map of places to fly your drone at Drone Scene:

Land owner permission requirements unknown.

Free parking available at the Bure Valley Railway site in Aylsham, where there is also a cafe to grab some refreshment pre/post-flight.

There is a footpath which runs right alongside the railway all the way to Wroxham. It’s a bit narrow in places but there are areas where you can comfortably TOAL and control whilst still letting people past.

For timetable info visit Bure Valley Railway

The originator declared that this location was not inside a Flight Restriction Zone at the time of being flown on 19/08/2021. It remains the responsibility of any pilot to check for any changes before flying at the same location.

6 Likes

Off to Norwich this weekend. I’ll go and have a shufti if I can get a pass from Management. Might also go to Sheringham to the dronescene sights there, esp. the North Norfolk Railway - but that might be pushing my luck! :pleading_face:

1 Like

The North Norfolk Railway is a great subject for shooting. I’ve been a few times.

I did this video recently - feel free to skip past my horrendous talking to camera and seek out the drone footage :joy:

1 Like

Excellent shots, although Black Prince seems to have shrunk a tad! Where did you shoot the drone footage from? What3Words format will be fine.
Cheers,
Paul B.

Ah, bugger it. Did I get the name wrong? Serves me right for trying to be clever… :man_facepalming:

When I took the drone shots for that video it was peak lockdown and a lot quieter than it probably is at the moment. There’s a station called Kelling Halt (///detect.cookbooks.inch) which is accessible through Kelling Heath. I was able to launch from right next to the station and was left undisturbed.

Also worth bearing in mind that Kelling Heath itself is a SSSI, so you need to be well clear of that area before taking off.

There’s a car park off Holgate Hill at ///windmills.finer.cups, and the station is probably a good 20-25 min walk from there. You can probably work out the route if you have access to an Ordnance Survey Map.

Trains weren’t stopping at Kelling Halt or Weybourne when I was there, so there were fewer people than you’d probably find now.

Any other questions then feel free to drop me a message. I don’t want to cause too much confusion on this thread by talking about a different railway in a different part of Norfolk… :joy: