Burghley House , Stamford , Lincolnshire

Hi

I would like to get some air photography of Burghley House , near Stamford in Lincolnshire,
I see that not to far from RAF Wittering . (FRZ ). But looking on drone scene where I be TOAL it’s in a Advance warning zone … using a DJI MAVIC MINI PRO 4 DRONE . am a little unsure if I can fly ? As it just outside FRZ … any comments about this be most appreciated. And what safety issues I need to know .

Thank you. Steve .

You are going to need to get permission from wittering for that flight.

1 Like

Well inside the Wittering FRZ …

Click on the pink in DS and contact phone numbers for Wittering appear in the popup.

3 Likes

Mail Josh at Wittering ops.
joshua.mallender100@mod.gov.uk

Mallender, Joshua SAC (WIT-OpsWg ATC JNCO02)

Admin: See below - emails bounce off this email address.

1 Like

Hi @FenlandAP, it looks as though you’re quite new here :wave:t2:

Why not nip over to the Introductions page, and say hello properly and tell us a bit about yourself. :+1:t2:

Thank you :pray: much appreciated.

Apparently the email I send has been rejected
Try again … rejected again

Steve .

@Tooting37 as already mentioned above:

1 Like

Thanks . But I try the tel numbers for a few days now
NO ANSWER on any of them …

Even the Stamford tourist board can’t get thro …!!

2 Likes

Interesting. Thanks for highlighting.

The tel.no. data is sourced from Altitude Angel … so we aren’t able to apply an edit/note.

I even phone the RAF recruitment centre … they try from there Switchbored… NO Answer

They say try later during the day …

Well - I’ve just bewildered the Wittering ATC by calling them … and they answered OK.

ATC: 01780417050

Wow … and I mean wow

I try later in the day … thanks for your help :pray::+1:

Not sure of their hours … don’t leave it too late.

Possibly only 9-5 Mon-Fri … or less.

1 Like

As I understand things, Wittering is now only a training centre, so may not be regularly manned switchboard and only as and when ATC are needed for training flights ??

Rang and got in touch . Very helpful and send form to me to fill out. … need 48 hours notice

Thanks everyone for your help :pray:

2 Likes