CAA #ShotOnMyDrone competition

The venerable ChallCom Caterers (est. a couple of minutes ago) could handle that. And to fund the entire enterprise we will force request the CAA to up the operator registration to 25 quid a year :slight_smile:

Some of the pictures on the stands look pretty average from where I’m sitting, but hey, I take pretty average pictures too! You get the impression from Ian’s report they didn’t have the manpower to put the effort in.

As much as like GADC getting a mention, do we really want the CAA folks poking around here and forcing the place to up heavily moderated because someone’s video is questionable to wether they were able to keep VLOS, let alone talks about drone hacks!

Obviously if someone wants to follow some dreams and work/be associated with CAA, go for it, just keep somewhere underground for the rest of us to hide.

Let them try :person_shrugging:

1 Like

Pride and glory?? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes. In fact the overall winning shot was a simple nighttime down shot of a roundabout… Very every day…

I think they already do. When I mentioned the GADC they said they didn’t want to be accused of favouritism by always coming to this club…

Trust me. Eyes see everywhere… :neutral_face:

3 Likes

2 Likes

For a moment, I thought the one circled above in yellow was mine :laughing: … as this is what I entered - or to be precise - tried to enter about 26 times, then gave up - due to their flakey website :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Mine below …

7 Likes

Let’s face it, it would bloody impossible to make it any more difficult.

3 Likes

Yours is nicer with the long exposure… :slight_smile:

Many a word spoken in jest and the CAA have just put the registration fee up to 10 quid - from April 2nd! :slight_smile:

1 Like

They need to pay for the free food & drinks :joy:

The web site is still active with the enter now button :scream:

No mention of awards, winner’s or prizes :thinking:

Useless bunch of *******s :joy:

https://caa-dronecomp.uk/

2 Likes
3 Likes

Congratulations to the winners of course but we have had similar - and to my mind better - entries in RTF Competitions!

RTF is taking a wee break while new hardware and software is implemented but Challenges still go on - The 2022 Colour Challenge starts today and features three fortnightly heats; the FPV trick competition is ongoing - a new trick to be announced over the next few days,

Whu not join one or both?

4 Likes

There should be a winners thread to showcase the winning entries like the birthday comp :ok_hand:t2: that would be awesome :grin:

Sorry back on topic.

I agree I’ve seen way better images on this forum. :+1:t2:

3 Likes

At least I now know that one of my images got through the entry fiasco :star_struck:

3 Likes

You took a photo of Paul O’Gradys neck ;o)

The website is still live, no mention of the winners :joy:

No mention of the presentation in London :man_shrugging:t2:

https://caa-dronecomp.uk/

They’re as efficient as DJI are at updating their website with firmware release notes :smiley:

Although in fairness to DJI even they don’t take five months.