Calanais Stone Circle, Isle of Lewis - Added to Iconic Landscapes and Ancient Sites in Scotland

I have just added this to the map of places to fly your drone at Drone Scene:

Land owner permission not required.

An autumn overnight visit to Lewis and Harris with friends - while staying for a week in Skye - and unseasonably clement weather afforded the oportunity to visit at dawn…
Calanais has no FRZ and no ‘No Drone’ signs, however being owned by a local charity I thought it best to TOAL from the parking space on thje road next to the site and fly from there. As wind was negligible I used the MINI3 for the flight in order to ensure I was able to overfly friends and other visitors.

A friend suggested the music track, which fits perfectly, and drove the edit of something rather unique - thank you Shani…

The originator declared that this location was not inside a Flight Restriction Zone at the time of being flown on 25/10/2023. It remains the responsibility of any pilot to check for any changes before flying at the same location.

7 Likes

What a wonderful place and time of day to be able to record. Love the music

1 Like

Thanks Shane, I have more footage form the previous afternoon, so will probably do another video at some point…

Just watched this beautiful video :clap:

1 Like

ThanK you :slight_smile:

Stunning Suzanne! :clap: :clap: Music is perfect, what is it?

1 Like

Thanks John its by Dead Can Dance details in the video notes on YT :slight_smile:

Fantastic video, as always Suzanne :+1:

1 Like

Thankjs, I am very happy with it, just wish it would receive a few more hits - will have to make a short version to boost interest perhaps,

TBH Suzanne, what is a decent time, too short, too long, i must admit if i click a video and see if its a long one, i tend to skip a bit, unless it got me hooked in the intro, but that’s not just on here i’m the same with any video

2nd Callanais Video, this was from the previous afternoon, our first visit, taken with the AIR3…