Can I fly at Lincoln Cathedral?

Ah ok thanks, so the procedure is get the permission from Scampton and Waddington and then apply on the DJI app to unlock?

Thanks for the advice.

Yup :blush:

1 Like

Thanks, sorry been flying a while, but not really had any experience of flying in restricted zones yet!

1 Like

Contact number for Waddington:

1 Like

According to drone assist they have a temporary flight restriction in 7 days time 23 Nov … Lincoln …

@Bossy I was told by Waddington Mike that they now control the Airspace since RAF Scampton closed. Thier ATC as pointed out by @PingSpike Rich above will confirm if still applicable. They told me that most weekends are free to fly as they have very few scheduled flights then but I would confirm before you go.

Unlock the DJI NFZ for the drone in DJI Flysafe before you go. I would use the mini 3 Pro as the CAA rules for the Air 3 would be quite restrictive, even with a A2 CofC.

1 Like

I rang RAF waddington for info . Apparently you need to sent a email to them about the flight you attend to use … that there number 01522 726532 they very helpful to give info . And very appreciated to let them
Know …

1 Like

Hi : hoping sometime next week to take photos of Lincoln cathedral:: but bit confuse what on drone scene … see waddington and Scampton in FRZ ( is scampton a working airfield ). But I see a small orange / reddish semi circle around Lincoln … can I fly there with my sub 250g Mini 4 pro ?? Or do I need permission from waddington ? Thank you. Steve .

I’d say permission would need to be obtained from Waddington ATC.

Contact details can be obtained from dronescene directly.

membership might be required to access all the layers.

Ok thanks … even though am outside waddington FRZ !
And even far out from scampton … but will ring. Thanks .

Yes, but it still shows an Airspace restriction governed by Waddington ATC.

1 Like

Hi, could you kindly share the email address you used for waddington atc please? Were you able to fly ok in the area after submitting you’re flight plan?

1 Like

@ECCLEDRONE Its easier to ring Waddington ATC Stuart TBH, they are really friendly and helpful in my experience and would be happy to give you their contact details. Ops tel: 01522726532 ATC tel: 01522727451

2 Likes