Can I use a drone in Bewdley?

Hi there

I am in Bewdley tomorrow visiting and stuggle with all the policy’s in place around different places as some as so old and carnt make out of there for commercial or hobbyists like me. I use some apps to tell me but not sure how up to date theses are

Check out our very own DroneScene, its live and always upto date

No difference, only the insurance requirements if you’re earning money from your flight

2 Likes

Also check out Good2Go (also ours) answer a few simple questions and use it in conjunction with DroneScene for official restrictions

1 Like

I should keep it away from the Safari Park, I wouldn’t like to fetch anything out of the tiger enclosure!!! :grinning:

The information is on the district council website:

‘Policy’ not bye-law so they can shove it up their arse (especially the over our land bit)

With no byelaw to prohibit it, it is questionable that they can stop you. However, there are public footpaths along the river from where they do not have any authority to stop you anyway.

As far as overflight is concerned, they have no more right to prevent you than to prohibit the microlights from Pound Green, for example, doing so. They are exceeding their authority whether they like it or not.

Unless there’s something specific going on just use the data from drone scene and use your common sense. I flew on the Bewdley curve a few weeks back on the Severn valley during stream gala weekend. It’s quite close to the safari park but as long as you stay on the southern side of tje tracks then no bother.

Bewdley town centre is pretty close quarters for trying to find good toal points but there should be good spots by the rivers and there are some parks (check for bye laws if you want to be totally legit) keeping vlos will be your biggest problem.

1 Like

What paragraph are they referring to, because there’s not even another sentence let alone paragraph in that point. The next point goes in a total tangent.

No bye laws.

And the policy screenshotted was last updated in 2017 so you can pretty much ignore it and just follow the CAA rules and regs.

1 Like