Cannock Chase, Seven Springs & The Stepping Stones with Bloopers at the end

Latest video of Cannock Chase’s Seven Springs and The Stepping Stones in Staffordshire. There was a short break of the dreaded rain and wind so as I live on the doorstep of the Chase I grabbed my bag and went for it! Started the walk from the end of Meadow Lane next to the Weetman’s Bridge where ther is room for about 5 - 6 cars but there is a bigger carpark at Seven Springs itself.

I got about half way around my intended walk before the rain started again and as the Chase is popular with dog walkers there are a fair few in the vid along with a couple of horse riders.

As it was an impromptu walk I didn’t prepare anything (not that I do that anyway) so I included a few of my bloopers at the end of the vid of my attempts at narration and was lucky to stay on my feet :woozy_face:!

As ever I appreciate the watch. :+1:

6 Likes

Loved it. Especially the bloopers.

1 Like

Tnx @Qwackers Mark. :+1:

You really need a responsible adult with you when you go out mate!!! :laughing: :laughing:

Nice one again, Col.

1 Like

@Hotrodspike your not wrong there John. :rofl::rofl: Even the missus walks 10 paces in front of me, to keep out the way! :rofl:

1 Like

Thanks Col, your video resurrected many old youthful memories.
One of my old stomping grounds as a teenager.
Spent many weeks camping near Seven Springs /Stepping Stones and Sherbrook valley when we were kids.
We used to collect the empty pop bottles from the rubbish bins on the Chase, and take them back to the Pub in Little Haywood to get 3d back on each bottle so we could buy some full ones.
Dandelion & Burdock was a particular favourite
We also used to wait until the courting couples parked up and the windows started “steaming up” and then run around the cars banging on the windows.
We were called a few choice names I can tell you …… truth be known I learnt most of my swearwords from those escapades.
Happy days

1 Like

@Brigadier So that was you Rod, you little … :rage::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Glad you liked it and it’s amazing how many people have visited the place that we take for granted. :+1: There was a pub in Derrington nr Stafford that left it’s back yard gates open. We used to sneak in nick a few bottles and take them back a few days later. They never figured us out. 50+ yrs ago now … If the UK had a Statute of limitations it would be well passed! :grin: