Cannock chase yes or no

@Steviegeek iv just had a zino

1 Like

Thinking of having a ride to glacier car park today any one else fancy it

Canā€™t do today, but Wednesday afternoon Iā€™m in the area and hoping to be clear by 3:00pm
Cheers
Steve :slightly_smiling_face:

Sadly Iā€™m suffering today after a weekend on an army reunion do, so feeling a tad delicate lmao

1 Like

@Steviegeek can I ask where you take off from please do you take off from the car park

We found the best place is turn right about 500m before glacial car park onto the chase road corner car park area, its quiet and a bench to launch from, shame I would have joined you but got something lined up.

1 Like

Hi Tim
Take @Sunseeker advice here, although I originally suggested glacial car park thinking it would be quieter than the visitor centre, Iā€™ve nevver actually got there :neutral_face:
Previously Iā€™ve flown from the side of the war cemetaries and down the track from whitehouse car park
Cheers

1 Like

@Steviegeek I actually prefer the path down the side of the Cemetery even more so in summer after 4pm when the rangers have clocked off, the Glacial Boulder is actually a lay-by but like you I thought it looked suitable on map but when got there too much traffic using this road to Milford and Shugborough.

2 Likes

Thanks Gary, Iā€™m taking your advice on this.
Youā€™ve been out there much more than I have. :+1:
See you soon I hope
Cheers

2 Likes

Yes c u soon :+1:

2 Likes

Hi is that setting not ā€œabove level of take-off pointā€ May be wrong on this but thatā€™s always been my understanding But willing to be corrected :thinking:

1 Like

I believe so mate, 400ft from take off point :+1::+1::+1:

2 Likes

Which is correct :+1:
If the terrain rises or falls as you fly you manually consider/modify your maximum AGL height accordingly
Cheers

2 Likes

Are we refering to this here

1 Like

Yes,
If you take off from point A then you can fly as high as A+400ft
If the drone then flies over a hill which is 50ft higher than where you took-off from (point A) then you can fly as high as A+450ft, i.e the height displayed on your OSD
Hope this makes sense,
Iā€™m sure others can express it differently which may be clearer :slightly_smiling_face:
Cheers

@Steviegeek yeah i understand all that.i was just double checking thatā€™s what we was talking about i can be simple at times

2 Likes

Sorry, my bad :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes