Cannock chase yes or no

Hi there all im new here and new to drones to . Iv always been around cannock chase since a child where we spent all our days up there climbing trees and having endless fun and would love to capture the beauty of it with my drone … Show my children how far we used to walk and ride when i was there age is it possible to fly over the chase

1 Like

A few of us are from Cannock and regularly have meets by visitor centre @Matty1 @Steviegeek so keep on checking, also welcome to Grey Arrows I’m sure one of the moderators will contact you shortly :+1:

1 Like

I keep reading were not aloud to fly there but i wonder if people actually listen

2 Likes

OK I contacted forestry commission regarding this and they said no due to health and safety concerns, I argued the fact that you stand more chance of being hit by a mountain bike than a drone dropping out of sky I have heard nothing since, we have never been approached by any wardens, as it stands the area is surrounded by public rights of way so to keep it within regulations we find a suitable car park or lay-by to take off and land from as they do not own the airspace we fly over, I have also heard that the forest is actually owned by the crown but need to get that confirmed, Glacial Boulder Car Park is ideal to use as a base.

4 Likes

GBCP 4 GADC OK :+1:

Do I get a badge for suggesting it :thinking: HAHA LOL

1 Like

@Zinoreaper
Hi Tim, welcome to the club
Hope to meet you soon
Steve :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Always flying over the chase lol my last flight on Tuesday :grin::grin::+1:
https://youtu.be/wNlPTMW7hco

1 Like

Hi steviegeek thank u for the warm welcome hope to meet everyone soon

Where is that car park

What Three Words

2 Likes

Saved in favourites :grin::grin::+1: might even pop over tomorrow just to have a look, 6 miles from me

Thank u so much for that steviegeek i know the place

Hi @Matty1 what altitude was u in this video please

399 ft at highest bud

Wowww i dont even know if mine goes that high pmsl well time to try i suppose :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::no_mouth:

3 Likes

Programmed mine to go no higher than 399ft so never go above the limit lol

Im gonna get on that later good idea that is . any of you fly at night

2 Likes

As far as i’m aware, the only Forestry Commission site that has an official ban on drones is the New Forest and it is mentioned on the FC New Forest website. I think as long as you don’t take off and land on their property, there shouldn’t be a problem, as someone has already mentioned, they don’t own the airspace. The National Trust also has a drone blanket ban on all their sites. I think as a rule of thumb, use plenty of height and keep away from people. Don’t give them a reason to complain and they won’t.

4 Likes

Limited by DJI I assume :grinning:

1 Like

@Zinoreaper
What drone do you have :thinking:

1 Like