Card problems

Good news! :+1:

2 Likes

All we need now it a look at your Litchi flight
I bought it earlier this year and have planed flights but didn’t have the nerve to let it go so am a virgin litchi owner
Will keep a look out for your thoughts Richard

Thank god it’s all safe

3 Likes

Here’s one …

1 Like

Jeff, I would recommend that you download Google Earth, when you plan your route in Mission Hub you can save what you have done then click on Export as KML 3D Path in MISSIONS bottom left, this will open Google Earth at the point you have planned and show you the heights etc.
I adjusted my heights a couple of times and set them a bit higher as I wasn’t sure how accurate it would be.

Being my first time using it I was real nervous at what it would do, I hadn’t set the camera up properly, I forgot an ND filter but I remembered to press record :rofl:

Here is the Google Earth 3D of my test.

And the Mission Hub route I had planned, it only took about 30-40 minutes to set up which I thought wasn’t bad for a novice and making alterations.

Dave @OzoneVibe can probably give you more pointers as I know he’s used it before.
I hope to get the video up tomorrow hopefully.

3 Likes

Thanks Richard and Dave
I have planned a flight in litchi and transferred into google earth to see the plan in 3d my only worry is the height of trees…they don’t show up correctly in GE
I look forward to your video and I will be contacting you both when I find my balls and use litchi

1 Like

Just make sure you have closed anything down you would normally use for what you fly.
Just try it as a replacement for Go4 next time you fly first and do some tests, it’s taken me an age to get the nerve to go for a mission.

Before a Litchi flight where there are trees, do a scouting flight … gimbal level, climb until you can see you are above the tallest trees, note the height, and a couple of metres for safety.

Normally I’ll be at a height above where there’ll be any trees to worry about. Power lines are the high things to worry about … or those container cranes at the docks at an amazing 130m high!

2 Likes

If you really want to scoot about around trees and just above them, it’s better to use Litchi to record waypoints whilst flying manually.
I’ve never done that, but it’s the only way to know you have the accuracy.

1 Like

I’ve found Litchi most useful for zip-wire tracking shots, too.

Stream Train using Litchi in Zip Wire mode

Noted that for future I case I have that problem.

Have you tried the Virtual Litchi Mission (VLM) programme that enables you to “fly” your planned route in Google Earth?

Mac version here: https://mavicpilots.com/threads/yet-another-virtual-litchi-mission-google-chrome-extension.45629/

1 Like

No, it’s all new to me.
Thank you, I’ll take a look now :+1:

There’s windows versions too but I don’t have the link - you’ll find it via google.

I just used the link listed in your link and it works on the PC, Thank you again :+1:

Excellent news :clap: :+1:

2 Likes

Yes Rich, 223 files in the end.

2 Likes

I bet you will format more often now…

1 Like

I’ll still forget, I do try on first start up but forget, I remember when I’m about halfway through shooting :laughing:

I just got back from an epic Hogmany at Loch lomond where I of course flew and captured some epic shots. Whilst on a short hike I came across a very badly damaged obviously lost in action Autel mini type drone - all props snapped off, waterlooged, frozen with dirt and rust and destroyed. A drone in name only. It’s obviously been LIA for a while and totally fooked, and with no reg markings or anything. I did however get the mini SD card out in the hope of getting the images and reuniting them with the owner. Having plugged said card into Mac its not showing the card as even registering its plugged in - my thinking is the card is sadly also very dead.

In simple terms (I’m not some Level Z super hacker) is there any way I can get any files off this SD card - any cleaning I can do to it or way of giving it enough life to recover anything that might be there?

Cheers in advance, and happy New Year!!!

I just found a discussion on the forum here that may help… Card problems
It’s discussing a windows PC, and I see you are on Mac (as am I), so may not be relevant?