Challenged by British Nuclear Constabulary

Excellent response to a very difficult situation. Well done.

The Civil Nuclear Constabulary are in the same boat as the British Transport Police. Both a non Home Office forces and funded privately. They get their powers from various Acts and legislation.

1 Like

Very true & TBH unless you know that, the guns they carry makes you think twice!

Is it too much to ask that the police know the law before they start challenging people?

1 Like

It’s never stopped them before :face_with_spiral_eyes:

Did you just miss the entire Covid pandemic?

As a newbie to drone culture and all its rules and regs etc. I found this post really informative. For me this would be a situation that would have stopped me ever flying again. I now see that it’s about following the rules and having all the paperwork and knowledge in place and keeping calm :+1:

1 Like

I had a very nice lady walking her dog down the canal today asking if I had a licence for the drone.
I took out my licence and she was very happy - her dog wasn’t he just ran off, apparently a rescue dog.
It seems many read or view items re drones - a shame those who give our hobby little respect.

Assuming you were both on a canal tow path, good job she didn’t know they ban TOAL :joy:

1 Like

I would have told her to mind her own business…(with all due respect Madam).:rofl:

1 Like

I made a HiVis myself, combined with lanyard on the controller, bodycam (old gopro style) and printed out art 16, drone code infosheets it stops people even coming close :sweat_smile:
Not using it all the time but at busier spots or where the likelyhood of being disturbed by “officials” is a bit higher

1 Like

I take my folder with all my documents in it & wear my lanyards so I stand out like a sore thumb :japanese_ogre:, only if I’m going to a place where I feel like It might be challenging & can’t be a#### with the headache, so far so good, apart from one occasion where I didn’t have all the bells & whistles with me :roll_eyes:

1 Like

I take my drone and camera rucksack. No need to wear hi viz, or carry documents. I respond to questions depending on how they are asked. Not been arrested yet.

Whatever floats your boat but you wouldn’t catch me dead wearing a hi viz like that. :flushed::flushed::joy::joy::joy::joy:

Stops nosy people being too nosy (or acting Karen/Ken). They see CAA and keep clear and that is what they do so win for me :joy:

Never worn HiVis, never been approached by Karen or Ken in 3 years. Win for me.

I wish I had that same luck, pre vis and cam it was near on every month at least once

Ditto - 9 years.

great that it works for you @ThorTDL , but whats the 4x4 bit all about?

1 Like

I’m a 4x4 response driver, voluntary basis but supporting emergency services and local authorities in case it’s needed. Anywhere from floodings and doing logistics for Environmental Agency to getting frontline NHS staff through snow. And recently getting water to vulnerable/care homes/hospice etc when a big mains pipe burst for 3 days. Basically anywhere where a 4x4, logistics or extra support is needed. Some may have seen us at Goodwood (we do the recovery on the grass parking areas) or a few years ago on Isle of Wight when the whole site turned to mud pit

2 Likes