Challenged by British Nuclear Constabulary

Excellent response to a very difficult situation. Well done.

The Civil Nuclear Constabulary are in the same boat as the British Transport Police. Both a non Home Office forces and funded privately. They get their powers from various Acts and legislation.

1 Like

Very true & TBH unless you know that, the guns they carry makes you think twice!

Is it too much to ask that the police know the law before they start challenging people?

1 Like

It’s never stopped them before :face_with_spiral_eyes:

Did you just miss the entire Covid pandemic?

As a newbie to drone culture and all its rules and regs etc. I found this post really informative. For me this would be a situation that would have stopped me ever flying again. I now see that it’s about following the rules and having all the paperwork and knowledge in place and keeping calm :+1:

1 Like

I had a very nice lady walking her dog down the canal today asking if I had a licence for the drone.
I took out my licence and she was very happy - her dog wasn’t he just ran off, apparently a rescue dog.
It seems many read or view items re drones - a shame those who give our hobby little respect.

Assuming you were both on a canal tow path, good job she didn’t know they ban TOAL :joy:

1 Like

I would have told her to mind her own business…(with all due respect Madam).:rofl:

1 Like