Chasing a paramotor with DJI avata

went for a cheeky fly around near buxton speedway and my mate took his paaramotor up
ENJOY THIS LITTLE VIDEO…

10 Likes

Amazing ( and stupid ) that technically, you don’t need any licence/ registration by the CAA to fly one of these, but you need to be registered as an operator to fly your Avata :wink::wink::wink:

2 Likes

super cool

1 Like

it is crazy how relaxed the the rules are around these. Not just in the UK. I follow a lad on YouTube who is a paramotor pilot in the US and you often see him flying from a local field / school sports field and landing in a McDonalds parking for lunch and the likes - madness - cool but yeah they are so lucky with their freedoms.

yea sadly the rules between manned and unmanned

1 Like

If you think about it, someone on a paraglider/paramotor is far more concerned with protecting their own lives, so flying into danger is something that isn’t really an issue.

1 Like

i almost got chewed by the guys friend on his paramotor cause he misjudged his take off an nearly went in the wires lol and skidded along the road next to be bout 10feet llol while i was in the googles

I’ve done a lot of paragliding all around the world.

Accidents happen… though the worst that happened to me was untangling everything from a few trees.

I was really meaning they’d not fly through Heathrow, etc,

2 Likes