Cheap Lock Down Quad (Emax Tinyhawk freestyle1/2)

Just done mine now.
The unify pro nano is an absolute bitch to setup.
Unlock it, then follow the manual to enable crsf serial communication. LOTS of button presses. Then it’s 500mw :+1:

1 Like

I Just LOVE how this thing flies. Big question though: what do I have to do to get my 5" feel AT ALL like this? Go up to 5s? 6s? Is it a power to weight thing? The 5" build I’ve got atm is: unmanned tech’s FPV source kit with Emax Eco 2306 Motor (1700Kv, 2400Kv) motors. . . Do I need MORE POWER?

1 Like

I must say Emax nailed the tune on the tinyhawk :+1:t2: I’m looking forward to flying my upgraded version :grin:

What’s that set-up you’ve got on the back for the crsfr antenna?

The TBS whip antenna. The Immortal t is too big and heavy. So went with the whip and mounted it in a V formation with 2 zip ties and some shrink tube :+1:t2:

What are your motor kv? 1700 is 6s territory. 2400kv is 4-5s

How can I tell…? Doesn’t say on em? Maybe I’m using a 4s pack when I should be going 6s…that is kinda what it feels like

Nothing on the otherside?

No… Crazy eh? Wha g’wan…

The shipping notes weren’t clear either tbh… I can check with @UnmannedCam

Oh wait, the shipping notes say 2400 so yeah, it’s 4s or 5s…so I guess I can go up to 5s without smoking them?

Your props are on upside down.

1 Like

:rofl: well spotted

1 Like

Maybe if your esc will take it. Can put a throttle limit in bf though. Then you still get the low end power

Seriously? How can you tell?

Looks fine to me :man_shrugging:t2:

I’m pretty sure they’re right. I did have the rotation wrong when I first set it up and it tried to drill itself into the ground…

My main question is though… How do I get a 5" quad to feel like this tiny hawk…? Rates? Power? What’s the answer…

Lol you’ve turned em round just now

1 Like

What isn’t the 5" doing?

Nah look closely at the first pic you can see the raised letters on the top of the prop lol

Yeah. Just looked again! With my reading glasses

1 Like