Cheap Lock Down Quad (Emax Tinyhawk freestyle1/2)

My Nazgul5 V2 flys pretty much the same as my tinyhawk… I’m gunna guess it will be your rates and pids.

It’s not flipping around like it’s on elastic bands… The tiny hawk just feels totally alive, like an eel… The 5 is just a little stodgy feeling… Sounds like rates doesn’t it?

I’ve never done anything to the pids before…

Increase your rates for the pitch and roll :+1:t2:

There’s definitely more momentum on a 5". Is that it?

Hi ho, hi ho, it’s back to BetaFlight we go…

Yes, which no doubt needs to be countered by more power

But I’ve seen what 5" quads can do, so I know it’s possible.

And the props on the tinyhawk are quite aggressive. You could try some 51499 props. Thats how i got a speed record

4 blade props are really grippy too

Yeah that’s a great idea… These props I’ve got feel a bit poundland

But these ones are only the bladed?

Get the 5inch version of the tinyhawk props :joy: Here

Those props look like they mean business

1 Like

Ok Brill… Thanks all. My faith in 5 is close to being restored and better than that, I got stuff to buy and stuff to fiddle with.

1 Like

Compare the rates on the TH too the rates on your 5"

Had to do some crazy shit today - break into the police transmission mast enclosure and climb 50 feet up their tower to rescue the little hawk that was bleeping its heart out… Still shaking. Vertical ladders are no joke

2 Likes

Holy shit dood! :rofl: :man_facepalming:t2:

My thoughts exalty

1 Like

Brave man :scream::scream::scream:.

And I thought I was being brave sending an 80year old dude up a tree to get my THFS down.

However in my younger, and more irresponsible days, I climbed this mast in a Force12 when our primary HF antenna broke away. Very squeaky sphincter time.

Just ordered the freestyle two kit from China.

Looking forward to learning more about the fpv world once it arrives

3 Likes

Hi Howard.

Welcome to the group. The Freestyle 2 is a good choice as a first FPV quad but I’d still advise to start of slow and steady if this is your first venture into FPV.

I’d recommend starting with using one battery at a time rather than the 2cell configuration. On 2cells it is very swift and you can quickly exceed the range of the FS’s onboard SPI receiver as these are notorious for having poor range. However, unlike camera drones of the not too distant past if you lose signal it should disarm rather than fly off back to its country of origin.

For some going under the goggles for the first time can be quite disorientating so I suggest getting yourself into a comfortable seated position and fly in an open space that you’re familiar with. I’ve lost count of the number of times I’ve joined a search party when a member of my club has lost his sense of direction under the goggles.

The great thing about the THFS is it’s light and so in a crash there’s little kinetic energy so any damage, if any, will be minimal.

Any questions then ask away as there’s a fair few of us in this thread abusing these little machines.

Nidge.

2 Likes

Only issue with that @Nidge is the THF2 doesn’t come with the 1s adapter like the THF1 does so unless he makes one he won’t have a choice but to fly on 2s unfortunately.

1 Like