Cheddar Reservoir - Added to Lakes and Reservoirs in South West

I have just added this to the map of places to fly your drone at Drone Scene:

Land owner permission requirements unknown.

The stunning Cheddar Reservoir is the perfect backdrop for and photographer located just minutes from the famous Cheddar Gorge you can make a real site seeing day of it.
The reservoir itself takes about an hour to walk around with different things to see and do along the way, from boating to skateparks.

Parking: Free on site

The originator declared that this location was not inside a Flight Restriction Zone at the time of being flown on 21/08/2020. It remains the responsibility of any pilot to check for any changes before flying at the same location.

6 Likes

Located on the waters edge.

2 Likes

Steve, again thank you for adding to the DroneScene map

2 Likes

I’ve flown my MP2 around Cheddar reservoir, never had any issues apart from a few dog walkers asking me if it’s legal to fly, I’ve just got my A2 CofC so can show people that I’m OK to fly (within the restrictions).
I’m just a few miles away so it’s a convenient place to fly.

1 Like

I’ve only flown there once and that was at stupid o’clock in the morning, no one about. stunning place though.

1 Like

Never had any real issues, just some asking me if I was legally allowed to fly, which can be off putting when trying to fly in accordance with the regulations.
I had more of an issue when flying up Cheddar Gorge with some very irate member of the public shouting :unamused: that what I was doing was illegal, even though I was well away from people and flying out to one side of the Gorge, this was late evening when very few people and traffic about and outside of the general tourist season.
Just made my apologies and landed then moved to another location further up the Gorge.
I’ve seen some people flying around the actual Gorge over the road and traffic as well as people :neutral_face:, nothing or no one confronted them :roll_eyes:.

1 Like

I want to fly here @McSteamy2010, but there are no parking or take off and landing markers. Would you be able to add some to the map please?

I’ve changed my mind @McSteamy2010. I don’t want to fly here now :blush: