CHIRP - CAA newsletter - drone edition!

2 Likes

I had a good read, some of the reports I thought would not need reporting.

Not sure if this has been mentioned before, but there is a UK CHIRP (Confidential Human-Factors Incident Reporting Programme) that specifically covers drone flying. CHIRP has been running in the UK mainline aviation industry for many years now, covering initially commercial aircrew and ATC, then expanding to general aviation and most recently to drone activities. Size doesn’t matter :slight_smile: they’ve covered incidents ranging from the loss of a $6 million Reaper a minute after takeoff to the freezing of just one rather vital telemetry stream in a DJI Spark (battery level and endurance) that led to a crash. They welcome confidential reports from all drone pilots, commercial and hobby, and publish a selection in each edition of the drone CHIRP. The latest edition is just out and can be found here: https://www.chirp.co.uk/upload/docs/Drones/CHIRP%20DR_Jan22.pdf

2 Likes

Latest edition just out. As a professional pilot, I’ve been reading CHIRP for years. As a new drone pilot, these newsletters are equally as useful:

1 Like

So how do get these newsletters? Do you sign up for it somewhere?