Choreographed Drone Light Shows - General Thread

Interesting use of drones

1 Like

Very clever.

1 Like

So much for that flight restriction zone.

Unless that was the reason for the FRZ :thinking:

It is another production from Celestial, like Hogmanay show they produced filmed a few months prior… They must be the largest swam operator in the UK surely?

NOW! Olympic opening ceremony!

1 Like

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/olympics/50973969?ns_mchannel=social&ns_source=twitter&ns_campaign=bbc_live&ns_linkname=60fad0e8424d6a0c8fa9fec0%26Drones%20illuminate%20Olympic%20sky%262021-07-23T14%3A27%3A26.027Z&ns_fee=0&pinned_post_locator=urn:asset:f89d584a-886e-424b-b2fa-53f4ce3c79bd&pinned_post_asset_id=60fad0e8424d6a0c8fa9fec0&pinned_post_type=share

Amazing to see and the tech to get these things all choreographed must be phenomenal.
I just kept looking to see if any all of a sudden dropped out of the sky.

1 Like

It’s raining drones! Hallelujah it’s raining drones! :rofl:

Just seen this video of a Drone display in China but it all goes wrong when some drones drop out of the sky.

yikes!

1 Like

Scary sh*t!

1 Like

Is there a rundown anywhere of how these drone lightshows actually work? How do they (usually) so accurately maintain their relative positions? Is it just GPS or is there some kind of local GPS they set up somehow that’s more accurate.

1 Like

Its a couple of years old

1 Like

No sure I’m seeing mass hysteria. Looks very much like a controlled descent and people running to grab a souvenir.

1 Like

Exactly.

All that happened was the Whoop sized Drones went into failsafe and gently landed.

But the Daily Mail had some surplus advertising space. I haven’t read their article but I’m sure words like panic, had to run for cover, only just escaped serious injury, and other unrelated superlatives were used, after all they’re serious journalists… Are they not?

Loads of spare parts :scream:

Especially if you have loads of drones…Redirecting...

Came across this on YouTube, amazing, imagine how much better they will get in time

4 Likes