Cleddon Shoots Waterfall, Wye Valley - Added to Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty in Wales

I have just added this to the map of places to fly your drone at Drone Scene:

Land owner permission not required.

TOAL was on the footpath overlooking the fall. Beware of the overhanging trees, I didn't chance anything bigger than a Mini 2. The falls are right below the car park. The site is about a ten minute drive from Tintern in the Wye Valley.

The originator declared that this location was not inside a Flight Restriction Zone at the time of being flown on 03/01/2022. It remains the responsibility of any pilot to check for any changes before flying at the same location.

6 Likes

Love the longer exposure!

1 Like

Man, what an amazing shot! Didn’t know you could do long exposures from a drone.

I don’t know how/when you took that shot. I was there today. There is not much water, more like a trickle than a fall and it’s overgrown with trees. No place to fly a drone there.

I flew on 3 Jan this year, so a lot more rain back then. Yes, it is very overgrown. All I could do was launch the Mini 2 from the path, carefully maneuver to the spot, hover, shoot and land again. There is no way you can fly freely around.

Yeah, I cut my losses there and went back to Tintern Abbey then down to the old iron bridge on the Wye following from your pins. They were both good and got the Chepstow castle as a bonus.